Ol' shoot 'em in the leg

beatbandito

Re: Ol' shoot 'em in the leg

Postby beatbandito » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:17 pm

Weirdly this is still the primary, when it could be someone other than Biden OR Trump.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:17 pm

And yet the people who say trump is hitler, and arm this holocaust, are telling you that isn't an option.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:18 pm

But I'm only saying this because I am a secret trumpeter, destroying politics by wanting any kind of accountability from the person in office.

Cait

Postby Cait » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:24 pm

It's not like we didn't just have four years of Trump's policies on Israel/Palestine where he encouraged Netanyahu at every turn, proposed legitimizing increased Israel annexation, moved the Embassy to contested territory, ended aid to Palestine and funding to UNRWA, both of which only restarted when Biden took office, soforth. There is zero doubt that Trump wouldn't gleefully order bombs dropped personally on live television.

Postby Newbie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Unfortunately, in a two-party system, the only way to effectively communicate to your party that you are dissatisfied with their choices is to make them believe you might not vote for them. You might still actually vote for them, but it's critical that they believe that they've lost your vote. Otherwise, they can safely sideline your complaints in favor of pursuing the dissatisfied voters from the other major party.
tiny text

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:40 pm

beatbandito wrote:Weirdly this is still the primary, when it could be someone other than Biden OR Trump.

That would be the "(while ideally making efforts to get better choices in the future.)" phase I mentioned. Unfortunately, the options there are Biden, Dean "opposed Medicare for All until 2023 as a nonsensical leftist notion, has voted with Biden 100% of the time" Phillips, and Marianne "self-help author getting 3% of the vote" Williamson.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:58 pm

I don't know who the fuck Frankie Lozada, Gabriel Cornejo, or Stephen Lyons are, but I've got them on my primary ballot too.

I suspect they're not any better than Phillips or Williamson, but I should still probably look them up.

ETA at a quick glance Lozada and Cornejo seem maybe not terrible? First thing I saw out of Lyons's mouth was some "most candidates are either too far-left or too far-right" bullshit and I ain't got time for that.

The trouble is that this primary is the biggest foregone conclusion since 2000 and none of these are serious candidates.