Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

nosimpleway

Re: Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Image: "Hi, Silver Song here with Sunset Valley News Network, do you have a moment to--"

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Whatever Zara did on his next game dev, it exploded the computer.

The face popup that reminds you which character you're controlling looks toward the command on the ring menu you're mousing over. I like it, because sometimes it looks like the character is rolling their eyes at what they have to do next, such as when Zara has to call Beat to fix the computer.

...which he does, allowing Brent to wrap the evening with some l33t h4xx.

And that's the end of the second day, so I'm wrapping the update.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension...

And for the end-of-update rundown:

Silver Song: LAPs 13,461
Wishes: Read 8 Books +750, Reach level 5 of Journalism Career +1000, Earn a Raise +750, Befriend All Co-workers +1500

Ada Bee: LAPs 15,334
Wishes: Write a Romance Novel +1000, Improve Writing Skill +1000

Beat Bandito'toole: LAPs 11,133
Wishes: Master Handiness Skill +7500

Zara: LAPs 14,252
Wishes: Write a Book Worth at Least $300/wk in Royalties, Make at least $500/wk in Royalties, Improve Writing Skill, Write 5 Novels

Brentai: LAPs 13,432
Wishes: Reach level 5 of Music Career +750, Make $250 from Hacking +300, Meet Someone New +300

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:30 pm

nosimpleway wrote:So in later games when you meet an older, more cynical, far more irritable, sad, lonely, broken shell of Agnes Crumplebottom, you know who to blame: that son of a pepper who manipulated her emotions for his own enjoyment.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 am

Ada, you literally just got out of the shower. You've got the Squeaky Clean moodlet right there. You're fine! Really!

I don't even know the last time Zara left the house, so this was kind of inevitable.

Are you fucking kidding me

Beat's got a lucrative Wish to develop his Handiness skill, and now an Opportunity to bring up Logic. Better get crackin'!

No no you have work to do get up you lazy ass

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:25 am

Zara finishes his latest game, making the last $5 he needs to meet Mongrel's arbitrary income rate, which earns Zara even more.

After just enough television to get his Wish, Beat heads outside to look through the telescope. His first discovery he names after, erm, himself. Sort of.

Beat invites over the tier 1 chess opponent. Agnes has apparently left the running entirely, unable to shake the association between chess and Brentai's emotional manipulation.

Very well! May the battle of good and evil commence!

Beat's army of darkness is victorious over, erm, Victoria's white army.

Brentai's been working throughout this update, so doesn't have much input overall, but did earn a promotion.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 am

Oh, and I remodeled donghouse. Not that it was donghouse anymore anyway.

The fridge where everyone keeps their cereal and canned juice is off in its own dining area, preventing no small amount of dronejam. That's the same stove as before, but just in case anyone wants to be the house cook, Beat's installed a few safety measures to keep it from setting anything on fire.

The ladies and the gents each have their own bedrooms, so that the OCD neatfreaks in the house don't get antsy about having five unmade beds all in a row.

Finally, the bathrooms are combined, and yet separated. Toilet stalls don't carry much of an air of class or dignity, but you guys keep storming in on each other while somebody's showering or peeing, and the stalls (and to a greater extent, the small rooms to either side for bathing) give some much-needed privacy.

See? No embarrassment! While the picture here doesn't illustrate it, Beat's hard at work getting the new stalls to be self-cleaning too.

There's a mirror in case anyone wants to change a hairstyle or, in Silver's case, practice the Charisma skill without having to go out and talk to anyone else.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:33 am

Okay, so not much actually happened, other than the remodel. I'll cop to that.

Silver: LAPs 14,022
Wishes: Read 8 Books +750, Reach level 5 of Journalism Career +1000, Earn a Raise +750, Befriend All Co-workers +1500

Ada Bee: LAPs 18,975
Wishes: Write a Romance Novel +1000, Paint Something Worth $250 +525, Write 5 Novels +1500, Get a Massage +400

Beat Bandito'toole: LAPs 13,430
Wishes: Master Handiness Skill +7500, Discover 5 Stars +600
Opportunity: Becoming More Logical (pending cash reward for having increased Logic skill)

Zara: LAPs 20,487
Wishes: Write 5 Novels +1500

Brentai: LAPs 16,167
Wishes: Reach level 5 of Music Career +750, Improve Guitar Skill +750, Buy a New Computer +400

Cash on hand: $1258
Lot Value: $26,229

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension...

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 pm

nosimpleway wrote:Brentai's been working throughout this update, so doesn't have much input overall

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 pm

I spend my time luring people into conversation with siren song? I can handle that.

Can I replace that gawdawful rabbit poster with something less creepy?

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:33 pm

maybe take a computer outside? All those messy trees might be a concern though.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Everyone in Brontohouse sleeps at the same time, so keeping track of days going by is easy enough. There are a couple characters in the Tyranthouse that stay up all night, so I lost track of time in that game. The end result: they'd played for two days longer than you guys had. This update -- much longer than the one in the negaverse -- remedies that.

It's true that the house no longer resembles a penis even a little bit, but the extra space and wider corridors lead to demonstrably less dronejam than before.

Image Image Image
Problem is, the remodeling leaves the house a bit short on cash, certainly without enough for all the materialistic wishes you guys are getting.

There's also plenty of fresh wall space for artwork crafted by Ada or Zara. Most purchased possessions decrease in value as time passes; handmade art goes up in value. By the time the game's over, it's pretty likely that the household net worth will be drastically increased by the paintings on the walls.

One of these days I might even remember to go around and put frames on all of it.

Silver finally has a moment to write out an article based on her interview with Mongrel. He's not amused.

Everyone else is, though.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Heh.

Beat, you lazy shit. Zara clogged one of the toilets, and instead of fixing it himself, Beat called an expensive pro to come and repair it.

This may be because Beat is too busy on the telescope to be bothered with such things.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Image: "Whoops. Well..."

Image: "Back to work. Beat can fix the other one in the morning."

Hooray! You have to buy the rubber duck and a bottle of bubble bath separately, and at the grocery store rather than in the buy mode where you get your furniture. But once you have them, getting cleaned up gives extra bonuses.

Brent gets another Opportunity. Completing it does not give many good screenshots, since he basically just disappears into the school for a few hours before work the next day.

Silver gets an Opportunity to interview some schlub.

So she swings by after work and yammers at Boyd all night.

Once she discovers he's a computer geek, she starts yammering about computers specifically, and that goes over pretty well.

Just before both of them pass out from exhaustion, Boyd throws his hands up and basically shouts "YES FINE WE'RE FRIENDS DO THE GODDAMN INTERVIEW" and thus ends the tale.

Sheesh, the game's really hammering home a message of "Have you cloistered nerds ever considered leaving the house and talking to people once in a while?"

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 pm

She gives a good interview, that Silver Song.

In celebration, Ada hangs her latest piece above Silver's bed, to replace that awful rabbit poster.

Zara's still plugging away at game development, like he do. A little extra money every Sunday doesn't go amiss.

I get the house a fireplace, mostly because the cheap fireplaces allow three different kinds of upgrades for near-endless tinkering. Beat can change the color of the flame or have the fireplace automatically light itself whenever anyone enters the room it's in.

But it turns out "add safety precautions to keep some dumbass from burning the entire house down" is all it takes, and Beat reaches complete mastery of the Handiness skill. He's halfway to filling his Lifetime Wish!

That's as good a note as any to finish on, I think.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I am hip with the internet lingo. ROFL.

Classic

Postby Classic » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Which is doubly confusing because, again, Sims 3 is supposed to be a "prequel" set in the 60's/70's/80's?
That shit got pretty quickly abandoned, but the starter neighborhood is the shameful reminder of this.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 pm

You can buy an honest-to-god cellphone-activated teleporter. Verisimilitude is not really a thing the devs ever worried about.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm not sure why Silver and Beat decided to run around the house to the backyard to have this conversation, but there you have it. (Beat, being something of a jerk, decided to compliment Silver's cooking skills after he finished a bowl of cold cereal.)

When Brentai explodes the dishwasher and Beat comes to fix it...

Silver waits longingly for Beato to finish.

She tracks him down in the kitchen as soon as he finishes the repairs, leading to a bit of frustration on Ada's part when she can't put away her own cereal bowl. Would you two just make out already?!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Brent went to the park to play guitar in public, with the eventual goal of pouncing on the next available young lady on which to pour his affections. He started talking to Nancy Landgraab without my input, opening with a rude comment.

U WOT

U WOT M8

I'LL SMACK YA INNA GOB SWARE ON ME MUM

No no wait, hold on. Calm down. Be cool. Smooth. Work it out.

Jackpot!

Damnation!

Whoa, there, buckaroo, you can't go around smooching other people's wives. Not cool.