Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

beatbandito

Re: Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Postby beatbandito » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Congratulations on being roomed with me, everyone.

I know you may feel bad that I'm so amazing and helpful and have now granted unto you this amazing gift but don't worry. You'll work off your debt as my tireless army of LAP and Simoleon gathering zombies.

Sure you may lose all focus on life. Learning as we all enter adulthood that if there's no stress, no pain or discomfort in this world life and all glory of progress is meaningless can make a person question why they go on. But we do, for the world must know the I we I arem the best.

In tangentially related news: I want to buy the graveyard and put up a "NO SKELETONS ALLOWED" sign.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Humanity wasn't prepared for the Beatwars.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:39 pm

It's not lost on me that the first two characters to reach their lifetime wishes were both named Beat.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:04 am

Well Hardly Hungry is Hardly Useful at this point. Give me Opportunistic and Fast Learner.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:57 am

Wait, what was that about me being an old lady??

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:31 am

You get Opportunities.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Had this LP developed the narrative accompaniment I was planning at the beginning, scenes like this would be important. They let characters talk to one another.

But that never happened, so as it is it's just a little boost to everyone's interpersonal relationships.

Anyway, people tend to complain about things and Beat zaps them with a fix. It happens a lot, but will be largely consigned to the background from this point on.

It doesn't stop Zara from wanting a day off to relax and prettify himself.

Considering how mad the mail carrier is, maybe she needs a trip to the spa, too.

Zara gets an Opportunity, one we've all seen before: go find somebody in town and talk to them about the virtues of not being a mighty thundering dumbass. But Zara's just about done with this book, so let's wrap that up first...

Well that's good, because I ran out of names to swipe from actual-Zara's webpage two novels ago. Zara can well afford all the Rewards he's asked for in-thread.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Silver nets a Charisma skill challenge! Which is strange...

...because she was in the bath at the time.

Only afterwards did she go to the park, in her favorite corner behind the bathrooms, to perform for people. (That's Mongrel off to the left, natch.)

Yikes, you people and your investment strategies.

As happens sometimes, birthdays spontaneously occur without any prompting from the player. This means the cake sits uneaten in the fridge or someone's inventory...

...and in Beat's case, that everyone's too busy with other things to celebrate with him. And after all the Moodlet Managing he's done for you all! How ungrateful!

Although a contributing factor may well be that Ada is downstairs having her birthday at the same time.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Brentai, you naughty dog, you still have a girlfriend!

Brentai accepts nonetheless, and runs off to... erm, City Hall. It's an odd choice for a date, but the person calling is the one who picks the venue. But Judy is nowhere to be found. That's right, Brent, she's playing a game of cat and mouse!

Well, she's somewhere on the lot...

Aha!

Well, next time stand where I don't have to look around for you for two hours! Sheesh!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Another skill challenge! By earning a damn lot of royalties, Ada has become a swifter book-writer.

I just realized that Zara's occasional neurotic freakout is enough to give Beat Fiendishly Delighted if he's anywhere nearby.

What? Sleeping? But we don't need to sleep anymore, not when Beat's around!

But Beat's not around. He's busy.

He's joining the military career, specifically.

And then, upon leaving, forgetting what he was supposed to do next. (The answer is "go back home". Absent-Minded can be a cruel Trait.)

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Zara's started going stir-crazy again, so I took him to the park. Turns out there's a chess tournament going on!

Zara gets a bit of chess experience, exercises his Logic skill, and wins some cash.

So... screw up, possibly intentionally, then patch things up. Okay...

How about going out to dinner with Ada, and then mocking her choice of foods? Vegetarians can be pretty sensitive about that.

I can't tell how sarcastic the "You look upset!" interaction is supposed to be when the person saying it is the one who caused the upset, but as apologies go Ada is not mollified.

Yeah, there we go.

Silver makes things all better with Ada, then runs off to City Hall to report in for her Opportunity.

Which is enough to get her another Charisma skill challenge! Except, no...

...she'd already gone home and was at work on the computer when that challenge resolved. What the hell is going on?

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Ada masters the Writing skill at some point, but I keep her writing anyway for the purposes of nailing another skill challenge or two. That, and the Anna Masionne franchise is a big cash cow for the household.

Beat goes into his new job. His Athletics and Handiness skills are both well above what's expected of him at career level 1, so he can spend his time getting to know his fellow troops and CO (in preparation for when those things become factors).

Before he's even done with his first day, he gets an Opportunity from work.

Meanwhile, Zara is elsewhere, buying into the local businesses.

And Silver gets another promotion. Alas, her job requires her to write Reports again.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Not all the household income is going into investments. I have another wall to build around the lot, remember?

Not bad, really. Could maybe use some trees, I guess.

The tower on the left (er, on the left from standing on the street facing the Brontocastleus) is an observatory deck, because Beat still enjoys stargazing and having a telescope on the ground floor seems pretty silly to me.

It's accessible from a new second-floor side door behind the gym. I don't like how this looks, so it's probably one of the first things that will change in the next house expansion/remodel.

The other tower doesn't have anything in or on it. Not yet, at least. I'm open to suggestions.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Beat and Zara have simulbirthdays. Everyone has a birthday in the same week, it must be October.

Hey, you know what Brentai hasn't done in a while? Made progress toward his Lifetime Wish.

He invites Fiona back over, and apparently she knows what's coming.

Exes+1

Sunny shows up before Brentai even has time to check the mail. Was... was she waiting for this?

(Ada doesn't have much room left on her bedroom walls, but makes some room for her new mastery certificate.)

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Whoops!

Okay, you out, an-- hey! What the hell are you doing up there?

N-nothing! Just admiring this lamp! Certainly not watching you through the telescope!

Let's see, who else does Brentai know...

Ugh, the women in this town, I tell ya.

That's right Brent, this is turning out to be a poor investment of your time!

...I wonder if Bella Bachelor has aged up yet...

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Silver: LAPs 4852, Long-Distance Friend, Attractive, Steel Bladder
Wishes: Write 10 Articles (currently 6) +2000, Reach Level 9 of Journalism Career (currently 8) +2250, Become a Partner at Several Businesses (currently 4 of 5) +3500
Skills: Charisma 8, Writing 7, Guitar 5
Opportunity: Guitar Up! (Earn a level in Guitar)
Skill Challenges: Feature Article Writer, Celebrity, Personable

Ada Bee: LAPs 4226, Extra Creative, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Become a Partner at Several Businesses +3500, Make $15000/wk in Royalties (currently $10943) +10000, Make the Bed +150, Write 10 Novels (currently 9) +3000
Skills: Painting 7, Writing 10
Skill Challenge: Speed Writer

Beat Bandito'toole: LAPs 4727, Fast Learner, Moodlet Manager
Wishes: Learn All Recipes +5000, , Upgrade 30 Objects (currently 24) +3500, Master Cooking Skill +5000, Become a Partner at Several Businesses +3500
Skills: Handiness 10, Logic 10, Cooking 9, Athletics 6
Skill Challenges: Electrician, Plumber

Zara: LAPs 13338, Acclaimed Author, Fast Learner, Opportunistic, Hardly Hungry, Steel Bladder
Wishes: Make 10 Vidyagames +3250 (currently 9), Make $7500/wk in Royalties +10000, Master Vidyagame Development +8500, Become a Partner at Several Businesses +4000
Skills: Logic 5, Painting 7, Writing 9

Brentai: LAPs 7620, Long-Distance Friend, Hardly Hungry
Wishes: Reach Level 10 of Music Career +6000, Become a Partner at Several something something +3500
Skills: Logic 6, Guitar 8 (despite spending about 80% of this update practicing), Charisma 4
Opportunity: Puzzle Panic (go help put a ruined pallet of puzzles back together)
Skill Challenges: Celebrity

Cash on hand: $5321
Assets: $114,715
Lot Value: $82215
Partnered With: Divisadero Budget Books ($7000), Everfresh Delights Supermarket ($7000), Little Corsican Bistro ($12500), Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner ($6000)

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension...

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Not remembering to go home is definitely a downside of absent-mindedness. The upside is remembering that I told R^2 about my plan with a military career then totally forgot about it. I'm excited to see where this goes.

François

Postby François » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 pm

I only date girls smart enough to stay away from Brentai. Is a good rule of thumb.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Apparently you don't.

François

Postby François » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Well that's not how she told me it went down.