Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Cross-Forum Fervor! Let's Play The Sims 3!

Postby Brantly B. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I imagine if this group of nerds can't all use a computer at once we'll go Lord of the Flies basically immediately.

Classic

Postby Classic » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Your dark gods demand a chessboard.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:56 pm

The title of that thread should be cross-forum-dressing.

François

Postby François » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 pm

This is already set up like the best reality show in history. And I got kicked out on the first day! But I get it, you didn't want a second proud brother in the house. That's alright, sure, fine, no problem, whatever, honkey gotta do what honkey gotta do. Let us go forth, TA and Mongrel, blackjack and hookers await us.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 pm

If it makes you feel better you're still kicking around town, and everyone in the house knows you. You can get invited over anytime someone feels like calling you up. Chatting you up. WooHooing you up.

You know, whatever.

François

Postby François » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:21 am

oooooh i can be black kramer

delicious irony

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 am

I demand that the mighty Bronto-cock continue shooting up into the sky, becoming a monument to fortuitous designs city-wide.

Also judging from the first shot of the group I want something radioactive. So let's go with that.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:00 pm

A general intellectual activities room slash arcade sounds good, yeah.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Torture dungeon. Adopt someone who is afraid of water, then lock them in a room where the only food source is on the opposite side of a pool from everything else.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Okay, so there's no 72-hour time limit. And it's not dawn, since it took me a little while to get those other guys to move out and build your house. But you get the idea.

The cumulative addition requests add up to a rec room.

There's a TV with a game console in the corner.

A couple of computers for writing, h4xx0rz, chatting on the Internet, or whatever. A chessboard marks the center of the room.

My wife: "Is the joke here that both of the computer desks have a box of tissues beside the monitor?"
Me: "They live in a giant penis house, what do you expect?"

There's a reading nook in the corner opposite the television.

Also three easels for painting and two guitars, since you folks are an artistic bunch.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:56 pm

The first day of any Sims game is generally spent signing on for careers, developing the first parts of skills your Sims are going to use throughout their lives, and filling minor wishes. The two often overlap at this stage; if your Sim's lifetime goal is to excel at a career, their first Wish is to go get a job doing that thing.

So Silver hops in a cab -- they're free in this game, you spend enough time commuting from place to place without having to walk -- into town.

While Silversong goes and gets a day job, everyone else takes to practicing or reading up on their own skills. Bottom left is Brentai on guitar, top center is Ada practicing her painting, and on the right Beat is reading a book about how to fix stuff.

The blue meter above a Sim's head means they're practicing one of their skills. It's never more than one skill at a time, so the skill that's getting exercised is usually pretty obvious. Once the meter fills up, the Sim gains a level in their skill.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Beat Bandit is no bookworm, so he'll develop his skill faster by practice rather than reading. "Tinker" is the Handiness practice command; it develops the skill without actually doing anything to the item the Sim is working on.

So he pops the chassis off the TV and starts poking around the inside with a screwdriver.

BZZZAP!

Okay, so I thought the Handy trait made a Sim immune to electric shock in much the same way that Natural Cook makes someone immune to kitchen fires. But uh, that doesn't seem to be the case. Guess he ignored the title of the Handiness book he'd been reading: "Unplug It First!"

Beat decides he'd rather watch TV than stab at it with a piece of metal.

A quick shower to wash off the scorch gets rid of the "Singed" moodlet.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:08 pm

It's late in the day and people are getting hungry, but I can't help but notice nobody wanted to take the Cooking skill. You can prepare a meal for yourself or for the entire house at a stove, using a recipe you've learned. Or you can hit up the fridge (or a microwave, if you have one) for a "Quick Meal". It requires almost no prep time and fills the Hunger meter, but you never get any positive moodlets for the quality of your meal.

Both Zara and Ada are Neat, meaning they don't need any explicit command to wash dishes after a meal. But both of them seem to prefer the bathroom sink to wash dishes in, and that's a problem when Brentai needs to pee.

The cheap showers sometimes lose hot water halfway through. It kind of makes sense, considering everyone's Hygeine meters ran out at about the same time and everyone's wanted a shower in pretty rapid succession.

Despite Zara's occasional tossing and turning as he worries about the bathroom sink leaking, everyone manages to get a decent night's sleep. Thus ends the first day for the Bronto team. A breakdown:

Silver: LAPs 2905
Wishes: Read 3 Books +750, use "Charming Introduction" +300

Bookworm Sims often get wishes to just read a mighty fuckton of books. Silver already got a wish to finish one book, and earned it with the Charisma skill training book, which in turn unlocked "Charming Introduction" as a way to meet new Sims.

Ada: LAPs 2617
Wishes: Write a Novel +1000, Write a Sci-Fi Novel +750, Write a Book Worth $30/week in Royalties +1000, Improve Painting Skill +600

Ada's current book is generic "fiction". She's about a third of the way done, I think.

Beat: LAPs 2132
Wishes: Use a Telescope +150, Improve Logic Skill +600, Improve Handiness Skill +1000

After getting zapped, Beat's biggest wish is to learn how to not get zapped again.

Zara: LAPs 2506
Wishes: Write a Novel +1250, Write a Book Worth $30/week in Royalties +1250, Write a Sci-Fi Novel +850, Learn Logic Skill +575

Zara did not feature heavily in this update, because he spent much of his day working on his first novel video game. He's about three-quarters done, and it's of the Science Fiction genre, so he'll get a shitton of LAPs tomorrow once he finishes.

Brentai: LAPs 1557
Wishes: Use a Telescope +150, Go to the Bookstore +250, Improve Guitar Skill +400

Lot Value $23,349

What's next, Brontos?

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Y-yes, uh, fiction. It's not erotic in any way, I swear.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:15 pm

"Trashy" genre is available after you develop Writing a little more, "Romantic" after more development than that.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm

nosimpleway wrote:After getting zapped, Beat's biggest wish is to learn how to not get zapped again.

That perfectly describes me in every way.

When planning out what to do in the PM I figured everyone would want jobs that advanced their skills. Of course if anyone willingly takes a job it's Silver.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Büge wrote:Y-yes, uh, fiction. It's not erotic in any way, I swear.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Sounds like we need better showers. And we could separate living room from bedroom.