Randomization

Friday

Re: Randomization

Postby Friday » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:23 pm

the joke is that at that point in the normal game, using your bare fists is far more dps than your shortsword due to that doublehit that allowed you to wreck gaibon so fast.
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:11 pm

DPS is great, sure, but closing in to make the punch land is pretty tough (as shown in the rest of the video where I wasn't wrecking Gaibon).

And that goes doppel for Doubleganger10, with the added complication that it just straight up dodges any magic you try to cast.

I did eventually find a weapon, in the Library. Then a skellington dropped a Fury Plate as I climbed back up the Outer Wall.

Now that I have a Clear file on the memory card, I can do what I think is turning out to be a more interesting playthrough overall: a Luck Code randomizer run. But it's still a full run of a randomized relic progression in two labyrinthine castles, so the run would be several hours even with backtracking cut out. Would there be any interest in watching that sort of thing?

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:06 pm

i just spent about an hour trying and failing to get a playstation emulator working in order to try this

can you like. just share what works. where to actually get.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm

I use Mednafen - https://mednafen.github.io/ - which works great but is a huge pain in the butt to setup at the start. I think this was the tutorial I used: https://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/mednafen

I've also never had no weapons by that point, but I've had the Cube of Zoe be the very last relic I found. I've also gotten the Crissaegrim as one of my first weapons, which made that run a joke.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 pm

Oh, uh, I set up ePsxe so long ago I don't remember how I did it, just that it was a pain in the ass. There's a BIOS file you have to get separate from the emulator itself, and put in the right directory and so on.

It's still kind of wonky, I have to go look at my controller settings every time I boot it up. I don't have to change anything, since it's all there when I do look. But if I don't confirm, the controller doesn't work.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:06 am

Fist McBones is the same guy in like every fantasy universe ever, so the continuity is nice. I especially appreciate him in multiplayer games where he gets bored easily and randomly opens doors. All the advantages of trolling with full deniability.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Sad that only a couple of Castlevania games have bothered to make Fist McBones a playable character! He's pretty crucial to Circle of the Moon speedruns, though.