Let's play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

François

Re: Let's play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Postby François » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:24 am

Dang, I hear ya. I'm not gonna act like this LP made a Shakespeare out of me, but I've never got so much positive feedback about anything else I've ever done in my life, so it's certainly a bit of a confidence boost! Heck, the goons bought me an avatar and an account upgrade along the way, so I've kinda got some monetary value for it, heheh.

By now I'm trying to figure out a good method to LP the next game I want to go through, because the format I've been using for SMT just wouldn't be suitable for what I have in mind, but I'm also making time to write my own stories so I guess I'm in no great hurry either way. In any case I know I'll get the itch sooner or later for sure.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:50 pm

I mean, I've said it before, but if the XCom LPs have taught me anything, it's that putting one of these together is a huge amount of work.

There's like two parts to it:

The first bit is the worst, when you have to record the screen as you play, then go back through the recording and take screen caps, then (for gifs, if you're doing them), pull the file into a video editing program to isolate the gif moments and export them accordingly. Then you resize it all via Photoshop, then upload to the FTP, then do a bulk replace-text thing in Notepad++ to get it tagged properly for the forum.

The second bit is the fun part, when all the pictures are ready and all you gotta do is just paste it in, cut out the pictures you don't want, and write the narrative stuff. You also get the satisfaction of posting it and being done with it.

If it was just the first part, holy shit would I not bother doing this, but the second part is genuinely great, especially when you get some kinda feedback. Really damn happy the SA crowd got as into the SMT playthrough as they did, cause I was worried it was going to be too obscure of a game to garner attention.

So yeah, understand completely why it'd be a while before you wanted to get back into this again, assuming another good LP-worthy game struck your fancy. Really impressed you stuck it out fully to completion, considering how long and dense this game was, and really glad you did. I've enjoyed this a lot, and still am.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:30 am

François

Postby François » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm

In all fairness, he is.

Which is weird because he definitely saw the whole "julienning a million demons bare-handed" business going on from his perch, so you'd think he'd have a lick of sense about it.

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm

v. excited for the HD remake so the demi-fiend's extraordinarily sensible shoes can finally have the discourse they deserve

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:35 pm

I second this.