Mobile Game Hell

patito

Re: Mobile Game Hell

Postby patito » Mon May 02, 2016 5:08 pm

It's just way of the samurai with a fresh coat of anime, relax dude. It was on sale during the anime sale, I picked it up then.

beatbandito

Re: Mobile Game Detroit

Postby beatbandito » Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Shit that looks like it has better combat than Samurai Warrior.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Mobile Game Detroit

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon May 02, 2016 9:18 pm

What you need to know about Akiba's Trip is that XSEED demanded that Acquire put the stripping feature in for the male enemies too, and actually got it.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon May 02, 2016 10:39 pm

patito wrote:It's just way of the samurai with a fresh coat of anime, relax dude. It was on sale during the anime sale, I picked it up then.

So what you're saying is you're actually the one who's gonna do the LP? Image

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri May 06, 2016 10:21 am

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 am

Hijacking this thread for dumb/less dumb mobile game suggestions because Romo has let down society and disappointed his family with the sudden cut-off here.

Adventure League 2D RPG is actually fun. Tactical, grid-based, small group combat. Only issue is it's pretty basic right now, with most of the gameplay consisting of walking back and forth on the same road clicking on the right tiles in between. Still worth picking up sometimes for a round or two of combat.

Ultimate Kept Man Life is a clicker game. It's an okay one as far as story content and growth rates for most of the game. The last few items are more just about forgetting about it and waiting for background points to gather.

What dumb stuff have others been playing? Bonus if it's a grid-based combat rpg with character customization because I am super hard for those right now.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 pm

The only mobile game I play these days is Fire Emblem Heroes, and to be honest I haven't done much with that other than collect daily bonuses for about a month. But it is a competent mini-tacRPG.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:27 pm

I've been playing Gems of War for commute entertainment (mixed with Youtube videos on my tablet) but I updated my phone to Oreo and I need to wait for them to push an update to fix the game on Oreo. It's basically a sequel to Puzzle Quest, given that it's the same gameplay mechanics and from the developers of the original Puzzle Quest and such: turn-based Bejeweled style rpg-ish combat. It's a bit pay-to-win and a lot grindy but it's fun enough as a brief distraction.

SimonTheDigger

Postby SimonTheDigger » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:16 am

There's a pretty popular mobile SRPG called For Whom The Alchemist Exists that's getting an English version fairly soon under the name "The Alchemist Code". Here's a trailer:

sei

Postby sei » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:41 am

One Gumi game is cancer enough for me.

Dogstar

Postby Dogstar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:02 am

So if we're talking about phone games I've spent the past year playing Goddess Kiss. I'll admit I came for the girls, but I ended up staying because the gameplay was solid enough to where I've ended up playing the damn thing long enough to clear my dailies every day. There's a real ceiling of 'these people paid a fucking ton of money for access to the best pilots, go get fucked' but it's high enough to where you can still substitute tactics and knowledge for everything but the most egregious examples. Real money currency (diamonds) are given out often enough to where you get a good pile of them every week.

As for Gumi games I got pulled into Final Fantasy Brave Exvius by a friend. It's fun - way too many characters to gacha through, but all the pulls I've ever made have been with freely earned currency. So eh.

sei

Postby sei » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 am

If any of you are masochistic self-hating stupid enough to play FFBE, please take the time to reroll for units who will last you for a long time. There's a guide out there walking you through having multiple instances of the MEmu emulator rerolling in tandem. Ayaka and at least a good chainer* would be a smart start. You can find a lot of info on /r/FFBraveExvius.

Also, the game is far less enjoyable if you can't commit a computer to running farming macros.

*Onion Knight easiest to gear, but least self-sufficient; Orlandu or Dark Veritas are both extremely practical; Tidus, Aileen, and Loren are also very strong but finding friends will be harder than Orlandu/DV. Tidus and Aileen also aren't that competitive until their enhancements come out, which should be soon, but you might need to wait a month to farm those enhancement materials...

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:19 pm

this is the more appropriate thread since i STILL play puzzle fighter

they added tavern brawls to the game this week, and the first one (and really the only one they need) makes the ruleset much closer to original puzzle fighter. no special attacks or health bars, no character levels, just "overstack your opponent to win!" it's pretty fun! you need to pay 10 pfbux (or a little less than what you'll usually have after a day's worth of dopamine-boosting rewards) for each "12 wins or 3 losses, whichever comes first" run but the first one's free.

the first one's always free

hail king servbot

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:22 pm

beatbandito wrote:Adventure League 2D RPG is actually fun. Tactical, grid-based, small group combat. Only issue is it's pretty basic right now, with most of the gameplay consisting of walking back and forth on the same road clicking on the right tiles in between. Still worth picking up sometimes for a round or two of combat.

This is called Occidental Heroes now, and can be tricky to install. You have to jump on it when the Beta test version has slots available, which varies by the phase of the moon.

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 am

this continues my lp of my addiction to mobile puzzle fighter:
i posted on the game's subreddit like a month or two after release that they should add dr. wily as a playable character, you cowards
today they are adding dr. wily as a playable character. he throws air man tornadoes and leaf shields and his super is blasting the shit out of you with the wily capsule and it fucking ruuuuuuules.
also the game is shutting down forever on july 31st.

THAT'S OUR MOBAGE!!

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Hey Romo, have you tried Bullet Hell Monday yet? I've been trying it while waiting my turn at bedtime reading.

I was afraid going in that it's just freemium garbage, but it's not bad so far. The stages are short and can get intense, but they're not too terribly brutal and they only take like a minute to clear. And it uses this funny XP system so all your ship upgrades persist between stages.

They tempt you with watching ads in exchange for XP and items, but I haven't actually had much trouble there; I'm always playing it muted, so I just play the ad, see what's happening in #finalfight ("They're STILL talking about TV resolutions? Good grief."), and come back to another upgrade's worth of XP.

Also, I'm a little surprised to find myself playing it with my off hand. Control-wise you just drag to move and it auto-fires while you're touching the screen. I would've thought I'd use my main hand.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

mharr

Postby mharr » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 pm

This seems like maybe the most on-topic place to report that last year, ScummVM apparently incorporated various Ultima remakes as plugins, so IV, VII, VIII, Martian Dreams & Savage Empire (U6 Engine) and Crusader: No Remorse (U8 Engine) are playable on just about any device forever now. Neat.