mharr
No votes
Random Roll
39%

Total votes: 18
Friday

Death Road to Brontoforumus

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:37 am

Hi and welcome to Hell my very first screenshot LP!

Death Road to Canada (on steam for 15 bux) is a top down Oregon Trail/Zombie fighter hybrid. The premise is you begin with one or two characters and try to drive the 15 days (on default mode) to Canada and safety. Along the way, you fight, scavenge, and deal with a bunch of random events, some good, some bad, some REALLY bad.

I'm not using a wiki (because it ruins games like this) but I do have some runs under my belt. If any of the information about the game is wrong that's why.

The game also allows custom characters! Yay!

(Apologies to those I created, a lot of you I just didn't know what you looked like and anyway these profiles are all mostly based off of memes.)

I'll be playing on "Familiar Faces" mode, which increased the chance that we'll find more Brontos on the road drastically. I'll be ignoring other recruits (including the rare, overpowered ones) in favor of you guys.

Some of you have "yet to be created status" because I don't have all the perks unlocked yet. If you want into the mix, just say here!

Lets get to it. Our cast:

Our fearless leader. Megabuff gives a massive +4 to str, which increases melee damage and allows you to pick up heavier shit to throw at zombies. Warrior is +2 to str and fitness. I've taken Friday on all my runs so far because having a strong fighter is really good.
Rating: 5/5

Fighter gives bonuses to both str and guns, and starts you off with a decent melee weapon, the Hatchet. Fierce Tempered gives +str and can sometimes be a bad thing in events, but also sometimes a good thing. Just don't mention anything bad about Mana.
Rating: 3.5/5

Old man Mongrel won't stop posting! Frantic Whiner moves quick but is annoying to everyone else in the group. But Mongrel has Healthcare (because he's Canadian) and is therefore pretty useful, starting with a bunch of extra medical supplies and skill in healing.
Rating: 3/5

The only one more Swole than Friday. BERSERK!!! gives you massive buffs (+4 str, fitness, and guns) but makes your personality stats awful and reduces you health from 3 to 1, so you die in one bite. Nonetheless, Mothra will be capable of one-shotting almost everything.
Rating: 4/5

The description to "Car Nut" states that having a good car is almost like a superpower in the apocalypse, and it's not wrong. Starting with a better car than the default is a huge advantage, and it also grants a small bonus to mechanical skill. R^2 can cook which means he eats more food each day but heals automatically when he does.

You can tell by this man's patchwork gear that he's a Fighter/Warrior.

BARK BARK BARK WILD FANG
Romo is more likely to meet and befriend dogs. If we take him, I'll recruit a dog if given the chance. Oblivious allows you to ignore morale "despair events" that occur when morale runs out. It also has a bunch of funny (positive) options in events.
Rating: Dog/5

Our tiny classic lolita whitemage has arrived! Same Healthcare Perks as Mongrel, and nurturing further increases those bonuses. Healers are very strong, but not quite as useful as mechanics imo.
Rating 4.5/5

TOXIC, STAY BACK
Irritating will cause fights in the car which lower morale and piss everyone off, but it actually can have some good extra options during events occasionally.
Rating 2/5

Our Aussie friend is swole but can charm his way out of anything. As you might expect, Charming gives extra options during events, and also can be used at Trader camps to get better (sometimes even free) deals.
Rating 4.5/5

OH NO SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET RAWWWWRRR
Sys admin Thad the Mechanic gives you a massive mechanic bonus which is super useful for repairing the car and in tons of events. It's a very useful thing to have, but it sort of doesn't partner well with being a glass cannon rage machine.
Rating 3.5/5

Big Bruisers are slower but have extra damage and HP. Bandits can rip people off in events and at Trader Camps, but also might rip off the group and split. Their loyalty is very low and they may also betray the group in Bandit events.
Rating 2.5/5

Refined gentleman with monocle Bongo is an explorer of this life, granting him extra options during ABL (Always be Looting, the main "gameplay"). This can lead to better loot and events. Civilized gives MASSIVE personality buffs and +3 to both Mechanic and Medical skills, but comes with a huge downside in a permanent morale penalty. Running out of morale causes a "despair event" which is very very bad.
Rating 4/5

I'M STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL IN A DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM
Solid Brentai is good with both gun and mechanical, and his mysterious past makes him gain a lot of random fighting skills but also gives him an extreme personality. This can be either good or bad.
Rating 4/5

Cait is the strongest support. He's got massive mechanic and medic skills, we just have to be careful to keep his morale up.
Rating 5/5

What, no "Friend of Cat" perk?! Bah.
Pyew pyew laser mice surgeon gives Esper both skill in medical and a steady hand for guns. City Seeker makes the chance of finding rare events during ABL rise from 10% to 50%, which is really strong.
Rating 4/5

The Master of all fanboys can explore like a Bongo but is also inventive, which gives him + to mechanical and wits checks. His perk/trait package is low impact but without any real drawbacks.
Rating 3.5/5

Gunmaster Grath starts with a gun and is good with them. His Calm under Fire also increases guns and gives him higher composure, which is good for events. The drawback of course is running out of ammo, which is why going melee is usually a better route.
Rating 4/5

Kazz is a ninja from the future trapped in a VR world and sees everyone as Mafia. Martial Artist gives you the ability to fight barehanded and do combos, and Paranoid lets you see the true nature of people and certain events that might trick you, though it turns you into a "grumpus" sometimes.
Rating 3/5

I'll put up the poll for who goes on the first run after everyone is done telling me to add them in.
ImageImageImage

zaratustra

Re: Death Road to Brontoforumus

Postby zaratustra » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:55 am

fridaaaaay

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 am

Aw, I want to join.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am

because I'm a punk I just want to make your life harder and suggest the alternate rule that you're trying to get Mongrel / Büge home and they need to survive the journey

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Dis gon' be gud

Other potential regulars (since you mentioned waiting to unlock perks I assume you already have some of these noted down somewhere):
- Sharkey
- Yoji
- TA
- François/Frank
- Smiler
- Caithness
- Bal
- Jox/Mal
- hngkong
- Mharr

beatbandito wrote:because I'm a punk I just want to make your life harder and suggest the alternate rule that you're trying to get Mongrel / Büge home and they need to survive the journey

xD

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Yesss

I'll make a banner for this bad boy when I get done time.

François

Postby François » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Realistically, there are only two ways things could go for me in a zombie apocalypse scenario.

1. I get eaten while unconscious on the first day.
2. I wake up and it turns out I slept through the whole travail and everything's fine again.

Postby Newbie » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Friday wrote:Nonetheless, Mothra will be capable of one-shotting almost everything.

I can vouch for this. Mothra and I once threw down, head to head, gams to gams. I'm dead now.
tiny text

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 am

Sorry, I couldn't find a giant indian head to block blanka's face, so this kato mask will have to do.
Genuis game designer Zara is an inventive mechanic, which is an incredibly strong support combo with high mechanical skills and wits. He's not as insanely skillful as Cait, but he doesn't have the super bad morale penalty that comes with being Civilized either.
Rating 4.5/5

WHATS UP FRENCHIE (sorry)
Francois can bruise with the best of them (stronger, slower, more HP) and his Sound Sleeper trait means he wakes up after this is all over never gets tired and ignores all negative effects from sleep events.
Rating 3.5/5

To be clear, that's anime from the 80s and 90s, not this modern garbage. (Pushes up glasses)
Leeham starts with (and can't unequip) a glorious nippon steel katana. Trademark Weapon means it's an even stronger katana.
The description from Anime Fan warns not to let their morale reach maximum, and beware the power of anime...
(I have no idea what happens)
Rating 4/5

DEAD OR ALIVE, YOU'RE COMING WITH SMILER
Yeah, that's a terrible RoboCop cosplay. I did my best but the editor only goes so far.
SmilerCop is a Gun Collector like Grath and so starts with gun and is good with gun. His Metal Body (Resilient) allows him to take 1 more hit before dying.
Rating 3.5/5

Newbie is cosplaying Juni. She's good at exploring and avoiding enemies!
Travel Light increases movement speed, but reduces weapon slots from 3 to 2.
Rating 3/5

Sharkey wanders in from the desert with his Aluminum Bat.
Rating 3.5/5

Bal is looking for a medic to kritz him. Athlete is +str and +fitness.
Rating 3.5/5

Caithness (sorry, I just sort of made you look like your current avatar) is really into staying fit and being practical, two good things to be into in the apocalypse. (+fitness, + all skills but boring personality)
Rating 4/5

And last but not least, Buge is in her Poison cosplay. Any zombies named Cody or Guy better watch out.
Rating 4.5/5
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 am

Alright, here we go! I'll be taking the two characters with the highest votes (highest will be leader, though I don't think that matters because you can switch whenever and I usually just control the character with the best fighting ability as to put them to best use) on our first attempt to reach the great frozen north that gives people brain freeze. (Vote for your top 2!)

In case of ties, there will be a VOTE OFF where we tell some of the characters to COOL IT.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 am

My vote is to just roll a random pair for the giggles.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:49 am

Sure, I'll add that as an option at the bottom.
ImageImageImage

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:01 am

Mongrel wrote:Other potential regulars (since you mentioned waiting to unlock perks I assume you already have some of these noted down somewhere):
- hngkong

Yay! I'd love to be in for any future ones.

My perk would likely be Shield of Hope and my trait might be Hero Type? My real life self is pretty selfless. I'm also bald and wear glasses.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 am

Cool, I'll add you in for future missions, though I haven't got either of those unlocked yet :3
ImageImageImage

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am

i only want in if there's a way to sabotage a heavily fortified mall from the inside so that everyone who feels safe and cozy suddenly gets swarmed by zombies because we've spent like a solid week loading up on shotguns from within

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:30 pm

This is a roadtrip game Niku

Though there are malls

But there's no "secretly the Weretiger" trait

But there is a trait that lets you eat TWO DINNERS

the DINNERS are also cursed
ImageImageImage

Metal Slime

Postby Metal Slime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

I'd like to get in on that roster for future runs.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 pm

This large bearded man is actually super strong and fit, able to leap from roof to roof. Odd. Perhaps he's hiding something? His stats make him a melee monster on par with the likes of Friday, with less emphasis on pure damage and more fitness.
Rating 5/5

In addition to being worth tons of exp and looking 14 years old, MetalSlime is really fit so he can run away fast and takes fucking forever to kill.
Rating 4/5

(You guys aren't in the poll, but you can still show up at random during the run as you're coded in.)
ImageImageImage

François

Postby François » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:17 pm

holy shit yes i'm a lucie

But what if the pilot didn’t need to stay awake?

Sourcing from an unlikely program (under investigation for "...copious, negligent barbiturate and methaqualone dosing.") probing the mind’s capabilities under REM sleep and other altered states came the first Cyclolucidite: a man living in a permanent dream state with sensory link to the outside world. As the dream state grows deeper over days, months, years, a Cyclolucidite becomes withdrawn from every day concerns but increasingly capable of savant-like feats of calculation, of hyper concentration.

Over time not only did the “Lucies” become the only way to pilot FTL-capable starships more than a cursory distance, they evolved into their own culture.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Alright, looks like random is the way to do it.

(I included Niku and Slime in there)

Leader: R^2
Buddy: Grath

Not bad. A strong car to start, some mechanical skill, and a gun fighter.

Plus, it just feels right that R^2 should be the first one to go, because he's the King of SS LPs.

Let's get this show on the road! (Pun intended)
ImageImageImage