The great-ish Mongrel 20k game: Game choice thread.

Moderators: Friday, LaserBeing

GAME

Poll ended at Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:41 pm

1) Big Dumb Internet Scavenger Hunt.
No votes
2) Choose Your Own Mongrel Adventure.
80%
3) NGL lie Mongrel, these both sound kinda meh. Pasadena.
No votes
4) Dance! Dance for my pleasure! (I WANT BOTH)
20%

Total votes: 5
Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

The great-ish Mongrel 20k game: Game choice thread.

Postby Mongrel » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:41 pm

It's the grim dark future where Mongrel has been allowed to surpass 20k posts (you think I'm gonna wait till 40,000 to milk this joke?), so as mentioned, I'm gonna run a game if there's interest in either of the options.

1) Big Dumb Internet Scavenger Hunt. I put up a list of maybe a dozen Bronto-themed targets (i.e. "An image of a fish head wearing slacks, that isn't R^2s avatar or something from Jackbox") and everyone has say, two weeks or so to compile submissions. The key here is that it's not a race - everyone gets plenty of time. Once we have everyone's submissions we can then do a Friday-style vote-off to decide who found the most awesome of each target.

2) Choose Your Own Mongrel Adventure. Okay, this is a lot shakier, but basically I would just start fucking, I dunno, telling a story and ending each post with a choice you guys vote on. This could go anywhere, I really have no clue at all - some real Airtight Garage shit. Only thing is I dunno how to do this all in one thread? Can you reset/edit a first-post poll repeatedly to have new questions and somehow clear existing votes? Can you delete a poll and restart it? I feel like in the past we've just had new threads for every poll in polling games and that would make something like a story a gigantic PITA to follow. So if we do this one, I need a hand working out the logistics, but I can't imagine there's NO way to make this work.

Neither of these are amazing, IMO, but I was trying to think of something novel which could still work. I am 100% not going to be hurt if the response here ends up being mostly "eh."

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: The great-ish Mongrel 20k game: Game choice thread.

Postby Mothra » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:26 am

The people have decided: The Choose Your Own Mongrel Adventure

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:43 am

So what's the best way to do the choice voting while still keeping the story in one thread? Do we have the poll technology?

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:31 am

Set up the poll the first time. After you get your results, delete the poll entirely and then edit in a new one. If you just edit the poll to new choices, it will retain the old votes.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:28 pm

Okay, we're off and running.