The 75th Annual Brontogames

Moderators: Friday, LaserBeing

Friday

Re: The 75th Annual Brontogames

Postby Friday » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:11 am

Alright so to clarify here:

The confrontation between Laser and Klazzic has to be resolved before Niku.

Basically, whoever is left (whether that's Laser because he killed one of you and the other ran, or Laser ran, or Laser joins your alliance and all three of you are left) will then move on to the Confrontation with Niku, who will remain asleep until that point, then getting the standard checks to see if he wakes up.

Normally, it'd be a three way encounter, with each unit dictating separate actions to each other unit (ex: I attack Laser, offer alliance to Klazzick) but since Niku can't do that because he's asleep, I'm resolving this as all non-sleeping peeps gotta play out their shit first.

This wasn't something covered in the rules because I simply didn't think of it. Remember, you guys are basically playing a buggy beta. I'm just making rules up as I go. I'm sure we'll run into more situations as we go. I've already had to make up rules even before this.

Anyway, the Laser/Klazzick encounter has to be fully resolved before we can move on to Niku/whoever is left. Since Niku is asleep, he can simply be ignored, say, if you end up one hit away from death and don't want to risk waking him and eating a grenade.

Keep in mind that though Niku is asleep, trying to attack him only has a 50-50 shot of working. He can just as easily wake up and then you're just in a regular Confrontation.
ImageImageImage

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Who do I need to yell at to take their action?

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 pm

I think the Klazzic alliance has an action tree sent?

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Friday seems to have been MIA since Sunday so all we can do is sit tight for now

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 pm

yeah, sorry, things got crazy. what was supposed to be me gone for 24 hours turned into almost 76 due to my ride being sick, my other ride's car breaking down, 108 degree weather causing my other other ride's car to overheat and basically explode, and then fuck it lets go see terminator i guess?

Anyway.

Kazz and Classic warily stare down Laser, who, shivering, extends a hand.

"I can cook and clean," Laser says.

Kazz hems and haws. "I don't know..."

Classic jumps between them. "Kazz, are you crazy? This cold, shivering anime babe in a huge 80s overlord anime style cape needs our help! How could you turn such a girl down?"

Kazz sighs. "I suppose you're right, Classic, even though I still fucking hate you for VvW3 and have vowed to kill you in this game specifically to avenge myself and all the living upon you. Alright, Laser, you can join."

The three Brontos turn toward the sleeping Niku, blissfully unaware of how close he is to his demise.

Team Klazzer, send me your action.
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm

A ghostly whisper on the wind seems to say, "Stuff his own grenades down his stupid gluttonous throat!"

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Klazzer moves in for the kill.

Niku rolls over in his sleep. His left eye twitches.

A twig snaps. Niku snorts.

He wakes up.

Confrontation.

Kazz stabs first with his spear. (35+10%) He hits.

Kazz has slain Niku.

Kazz gains a permanent +2% to combat checks and +1 popularity.

Niku's hoard (Sword, Bow, Rations, Backpack, Flint, Jacket, Explosives) goes to him, but he can only carry the backpack and up to 6 more. He's already carrying a Spear and a Grenade. The rest can be divided up among his alliance as they see fit.

The night passes.

Those of you who did not sleep now have 1 fatigue. (-5% to all checks.) Those of you who did not have water/food now have 1 thirst/hunger. The holoboard has been updated.

It is now Day 2.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm

(all players send me your actions.)

(Klazzer, decide who is getting what items. Kazz got the kill so he gets first pick.)
ImageImageImage

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:38 pm

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Apparently the only source for this clip is the idiot who records from their TV on their phone.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Let me know when I can add more to my bounty on that murderous, dangerous rebel Kazz.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Day 4 is the earliest a sponsor can re-sponsor. Day 2 just started, so it'll be a bit. I'm going to be taking measures to try and get things sped up a bit soon.
ImageImageImage

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 pm

I'll take the Backpack first.
the best kazz around

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 am

So who are we waiting on?

Grath

Postby Grath » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Mongrel wrote:So who are we waiting on?

I dunno, I gave Friday a flowchart for how my turns go, so that unless I message and update the flowchart my turns are on autopilot now.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 pm

It's been pretty consistently one person who holds it up for 2 or so days (including myself once)

It hasn't been the same person twice. It's just in a game that has this many people, someone is gonna be out of town or whatever at any given time. In wolf, that's ok, because the game can continue on through absences. This game literally grinds to a halt at every single one.

It's not really anyone's fault, just the nature of the beast.
ImageImageImage

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:14 pm

I actually thought it was me and then remembered I gave you my actions already

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

okay sorry guys

Frocto sleeps through the day.

Grath sleeps through the day.

Newbie hunts for food! (35+10%) He finds deer and stabs it with spear! Deer are literally breeding explosively! Deer have stripped all vegetation! No plant life leads to mass extinction of all animal life! Game over!

Romo sniffs around for water. (35+20-8%) He finds a stream and drinks his fill, reducing his thirst to zero and won't be gaining thirst this cycle. However, he has no canteens.

Team Klazzer moves to The Lake. They enter Confrontation with Newbie.

Beatbandit sneaks down to the Lake. He sneaks successfully! Grabbing a single canteen from under the noses of Newbie, Mongrel, and team Klazzer, he flees back to the Open.

Mizore hunts for food. (35+10%) He finds deer, of course, since they are literally now filling the universe, but can't quite catch one.

Mongrel uses his medkit, takes another ration, and moves to The Lake. He enters Confrontation with Newbie and team Klazzer.

Mothra hunts for deer. (35-5-4%) He finds the last rabbit, fleeing for its life from the ravenous deer which have now become carnivores in their desperate hunger.

Ok, Confrontation time. Mongrel, Newbie, Klazzer, you must each send me actions.

If you run, then just say run. Otherwise, I'm gonna need separate actions for each active party (i.e. I attack Newbie, offer alliance to Klazzer, or I attack Kazz, offer alliance to Mongrel)
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Holoboard has been updated to reflect items in Klazzer, but I'll post them here:

Kazz: Sword, Spear, Bow, Explosives, Jacket, Backpack

Classic: Sword, Bow, Backpack, Medkit (2), Canteen (half), Flint, Explosives

Laser: Sword, Backpack, Rations (half), Rations, Flint, Jacket, Explosives
ImageImageImage