Let's all go to the movies~

Mongrel

Re: Let's all go to the movies~

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 15, 2020 3:13 pm

George Miller Furiosa prequel confirmed.

Might be bad, but it might be AWESOOOOOOMMMMMMMME

Niku

Postby Niku » Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Scoob! is a pretty awful movie and a pretty awful Scooby Doo movie for the most part (there IS some good translation of classic goof-em-ups into the new animation style here and there) but as a game of spot-the-reference it’s pretty damn good. And Dick Dastardly is used appropriately in his role as best Hanna-Barbera character, and even makes a lot of sense as the villain — the entire movie is about doggie friendships at its core.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun May 17, 2020 2:15 pm

And hey, it got Frank Welker a writeup in the Washington Post.

And it's a pretty good article, even if I fucking hate headlines that address readers in the second person and tell them they don't know things. Fuck you, headline writer; don't tell me I don't know Frank Welker's face.

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu May 21, 2020 11:22 am

The Snyder Cut is coming to HBO Max in 2021.

Presumably COVID-19 has changed the value proposition. THR quotes unnamed sources estimating this is going to cost $20-$30 million to put together, and I can see why AT&T wouldn't have wanted to spend that money on a direct-to-video release six months ago but would change its mind now that everybody's in lockdown and filming new stuff is off the table. A direct-to-video release of a movie where they've already got the footage, they just need to edit it, and it's already got demonstrated demand from a small-but-dedicated fanbase, has got to sound like a much better investment now than it did before.

I'll admit a certain morbid curiosity. I didn't hate Justice League, but I suspect most of the reasons I didn't hate it were down to Snyder leaving the film and Whedon finishing it.

I thought Batman veeee Superman was long and ponderous and boring, but it at least had moments that made it memorably bad, most obviously the Martha bit. I don't know if the Snyder Cut will even rise to that level.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:39 am

6/9, dudes!