(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Animes

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:50 pm

You know, that macro is even funnier when you imagine that there have to be at least some honest-to-god Japanese equivalents of just that. Whether it's some old fella asking (the Japanese equivalent of) "What the ding dong is this? What's the matter with people?" before going on a rambly, grandfatherly rant about "Them goldarned Otaku kids today.", or it's some middle aged fellow complaining how this isn't the anime they grew up with, that their anime had plots, and character, instead of lazily using fan service and dirty jokes, and why can't you kids watch some wholesome classics like Lupin III, Mach GoGoGo, or Nuclear Boy?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Just wrapping up the full run of Dorohedoro and it's the kind of story that is only enhanced by the hilariously bad fanslations. I highly recommend it.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:43 am

Okay that is amazing.

beatbandito wrote:Just wrapping up the full run of Dorohedoro and it's the kind of story that is only enhanced by the hilariously bad fanslations.

I still have vol 1 sitting on my bookshelf from last year. It's a really... odd series. It definitely didn't pull me in, but I get the feeling it takes some work.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:06 pm

To update, I am not near the end of the full run, I was just near the end of that translation group's run and the series is ongoing.

I think I downloaded it about six months ago, got up to volume ten in that time, then got through another ten in the span of a week once it really caught on. Definitely some 'Lost' moments, where it feels like they were clearly steering to a plot point then suddenly change lanes and very few consequences for most of the main characters, so it's hard to get invested. At this point the characters have taken a back seat to the world building, and it's really shining.

Healy

Postby Healy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:22 am

OUR NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER:
Media distribution service Crunchyroll announced on Monday that it will begin simulcasting the 2015 Lupin the Third anime series under the title Lupin the 3rd Part 4. The episodes that have already aired in Japan will become available on January 7 at 2:30 p.m. EST, when the simulcast begins.

You don't know how long I've waited for this.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Do yourself a favor; watch Katanagatari, so the next time someone asks you "man, I've seen all the good anime already, what's a really, really good obscure anime?" you can say "Katanagatari."

(Yes, it's by the same guy (Nisio Isin) who did Monogatari, aka toothbrush incest the anime, and no, it has no relation to it at all. Katanagatari is a standalone 12 episode series, though each episode is 50 minutes long and was originally aired once a month over the course of a full year.)

With the exception of Bebop, contains the best final episode of any anime I've seen.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:03 am

It's fake, sorry.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:51 am

Friday wrote:(Yes, it's by the same guy (Nisio Isin) who did Monogatari, aka toothbrush incest the anime, and no, it has no relation to it at all.

Good to know. I tried to watch out read one of the series a while back and couldn't make heads or tails of order or content.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Yeah, so far everyone I've told about this series has the same reaction: "Oh, is this related to that Monogatari stuff? Cause that's confusing as hell" which is a real shame because Katanagatari is so good. The episodes are very dialog dense, as is Nisio's style, so pace yourself. I frequently only watched one episode a day to avoid burnout.

Each episode is also a sort of self-contained story with new characters that are fleshed out and resolved. Very much like how Bebop did it.
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:43 am

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:08 pm

I been watchin' Jojo.

Y'all should watch Jojo.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd actually be surprised if there's anybody here who doesn't watch Jojo.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Right here.

sei

Postby sei » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:05 am

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:23 am

meduka, become kazooka
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Oh lordy. Someone's trying to make new FLCL.

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

- Toonami. Fucking Toonami. Omglol are you kidding me?
- No one from Gainax who worked on the original is involved
- It was originally conceived as being completely and totally self-contained on purpose
- The new director has no experience directing

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:54 pm

>when you learn they're doing a sequel to FLCL and not Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:10 am

I.... liked FLCL a lot better than I did P&SwG.

That said, FLCL isn't supposed to have a sequel. Maybe that wasn't THE whole point, but it certainly was A point.