Woah Dangsaurus

Re: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Animes

Postby Mothra » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Mongrel wrote:

Holy shit.

François

Postby François » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:01 pm

He came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples followed him. When he reached the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not come into the time of trial.” Then he withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, knelt down, and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me; yet, not my will but yours be done.” Then an angel from heaven appeared to him, and said to him, "get in the robot".

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 pm

François wrote:He came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples followed him. When he reached the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not come into the time of trial.” Then he withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, knelt down, and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me; yet, not my will but yours be done.” Then an angel from heaven appeared to him, and said to him, "get in the robot".

XD

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 am

There isn't a single person in Sakuradamon High who hasn't heard the legends about Seiji "The Mad Dog" Sawamura's demonically powerful right hand. His reputation makes it fairly difficult for him to approach girls, and after being rejected 20 times straight, he half-jokingly vows to finish high school with his right hand for a girlfriend.

Much to his surprise, after waking up the next morning, Seiji discovers that his demon right hand has mysteriously turned into a miniature girl, Midori Kasugano, who reveals that she has had a crush on Seiji for the past three years. Because their situation is not ideal for either of them, Seiji attempts to return Midori to normal. But after causing a big misunderstanding at the Kasugano household, the pair decide to keep their predicament between them until a solution is found. Thus begins an odd relationship, and what could be the only chance for Midori to finally be with the one she loves.

I, uh...

ANIMES! *Jazz hands*

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:10 am

Midori no Hibi is like twelve years old man. It was pretty okay.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:55 am

Is it? It sounds fucking weird.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:14 am

Me and Niku and I think a few others were super into Midori no Hibi when it first starting coming out via scanlations. The manga is legit great.

patito

Postby patito » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:44 am

Never read the manga but the show was pretty ok. Like the description sounds like a one note gag, but they never actually use that gag in the show.

Niku

Postby Niku » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Yeah, it's shockingly alright if you're into wacky anime slapstick / wacky anime romcom stuff. And most of the creep-factor comes from a side character otaku dude who's fuckin' obsessed with puppets and assumes the tiny-wrist lady is the best puppet ever.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:49 am

I don't think the anime has my favorite chapter of the manga in it (the one with the moe shota-dad).

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 am

A couple guys I know were good-naturedly arguing about waifus, which they do at least once a week. These arguments get pretty funny, but given how little (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I watch anymore, I am usually 80%-100% out of the loop and have to wiki things to follow along.

One of them was arguing vehemently for "Migu", who I assume is from K-ON since that was the only Migu I found immediate reference to.

The show-specific wiki entry for that character contained maybe one of the most weebtaku things I've ever read:

Another characteristic that distinguishes Mugi from most girls her age is her surprisingly prodigious physical strength. Her astounding feats of strength include rapidly carrying various pieces of Ritsu's drum set, one by one, with seemingly little effort and even humming a happy tune throughout; abruptly defeating the arm wrestling machine on maximum setting at the Game Centre, which Ritsu had painfully struggled against; and sending Akira flying into a wall with a "light" slap. Furthermore, she regularly runs a brisk jog with her instrument, the Korg Triton Synthesizer, slung across her shoulder. (The Korg Triton is a hefty piece of equipment: at seventeen kilograms, its weight is comparable to that of a FIM-92 Stinger Missile or FGM-148 Javelin Missile Launcher.[2][3][4])

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 am

So I just finished reading 'As The Gods Will' (well, caught up with current) and reread the start of and followed through to the end of 'Gantz', and now I need more manga about high school kids being hopelessly slaughtered by things outside their understanding.

Reviews!

As The Gods Will Vol 1: This is a really good story. It gets pretty dumb, but the least dumb of all three options. The main downside is that pretty early on you notice the "portrait characters" that are going to have plot armor, which is a common theme, but still a weakness in the genre. They also start to weirdly sexualize the situations towards the end, and I originally said the series has a non-ending until I finished part 2 and realized it was better off the way it was.

As The Gods Will Vols 2-whenever it ends: The beginning is pretty good, with the only weaknesses being where it rubs awkwardly against the events from Vol 1. This is clearly a new team working on it, and a worse writer. I wouldn't say don't read part 1, but you could maybe read the first few hundred chapters of the second series then go back and enjoy the entire situation more? Anyway the main strengths of this series are the few arcs where they have multiple teams competing directly against each other, but what comes in between is trash. It starts pretty well for the genre (some excellent One-Punch-Maneque moments where they very obviously flip expectations) but then people start getting magic powers to fight demons and blah-blah-blah.

Gantz: Gantz is the better overall story than ATGW, even though you should absolutely not expect anything to ever be explained properly. The individual combat events are more thrilling, but the stuff between is a lot slower. They ask some interesting questions, but again, only if you plan on doing the rest of the thinking yourself, there are no answers. Also the last like 100 chapters are all black on black on dark gray so you really can't make out what's happening in half the fights.

sei

Postby sei » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:48 am

Wasn't expecting to enjoy Demi-chan as much as I have been.

Probably the world's most kiddy gloves handling of discrimination, and I'm not sure they're actually going anywhere with it, but I'm enjoying the cast a lot. It's an easy thing to wind down to.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:54 pm

COOBIE YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

AW HELL YEAH

DRAGON GIRLS REPRESENT

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

sei

Postby sei » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 pm

I was expecting Maid Dragon to be total trash (because the synopsis was silly, and I didn't realize kyoani was involved) but it's pretty decent.

KonoSuba S2 is good too, though the first episode was weak.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 am

Me and Frocto watched season 1 of My Monster Secret and it is SHITTT

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:27 am

Yeah read the manga, the anime didn't capture the same feel.

Dragon Maid is great.
Demi-Chan is great.

Sadly, Crunchyroll is not the place to watch either anymore, I guess.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:35 am

Also I read up on this thread a bit

PS&G got a "Sequel" in the form of a few pages in some zine in Japan that was blessed by Gainax & the original story author. It's little more than just kind of a "Whatever universe traveling whatever no one really cares." It's super vague, I saw it once on imgur and it had such a nonimpact that it's fuzzy.

They got The Pillows back for FLCL2 and specifically stated on Facebook that they did not want to do it without nabbing The Pillows, so I'm willing to give hope that they know what the fuck is up.

Also Gainax doesn't even have the fucking rights to Evangelion anymore.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Kuromukuro is a very good romp, in spite of its barely tolerable CGI.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem