Kill la Kill: nani sore

patito

Re: Kill la Kill: nani sore

Postby patito » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 am

25 is the OVA and it happens after 24, it's why it is numbered that way and I don't even know how that is even a question you are asking

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:35 am

I'd seen that it is supposed to technically take place before #24 is over.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:49 am

Mongrel wrote:Up to #23, one more to go.

Will comment later, but for now I just want to know if I should watch #25 before #24 or after?

After.

Also, before you watch 24, go back to 23 and watch the credits and next episode part, if you normally skip those. This is Important.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:46 am

I do. Luckily I did watch the credits for #23 after noticing the comments on crunchyroll.

patito

Postby patito » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Mongrel wrote:I'd seen that it is supposed to technically take place before #24 is over.

I'll give you that it maybe takes place after the end of 24 but before the after credits sequence of 24 so I guess that is your technicality, but if anyone actually told you to watch 25 before 24 they are a bad person.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 pm

patito wrote:
Mongrel wrote:I'd seen that it is supposed to technically take place before #24 is over.

I'll give you that it maybe takes place after the end of 24 but before the after credits sequence of 24 so I guess that is your technicality, but if anyone actually told you to watch 25 before 24 they are a bad person.

There's also the weird bit where #24 has a cold opening, and it's really easy to think that you missed an episode in between. But yeah, #25 takes place before the #24 epilogue, but after the climax.
For the White Witch!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah, that was fun.

I think Niku already made the salient points about funfuns and Doom already covered the plot holes that started appearing like holes in a five-dollar shirt (though having watched far less anime lately, I barely noticed the lack of budget/discount animation). Man, what DID happen to that bullet?

Overall, it was nice to see all the minor characters get a lot more fleshing out and importance than they would in any sort of similar series. Mako is the most obvious case of course, where in any other series she'd have just been a mercilessly annoying one-note gag.

A minor thing that amused me immensely was the way they finally reached the point where they were just straight up showing piles of fully frontally naked people but just couldn't draw the boob nipples. Like is there some stricture in Japanese law or TV ratings or whatever that "They're not naked if there's no nipple."? It was like they took all the show's sexual silliness and encapsulated it in the single dot of a pen. It was similar to the way they never showed any dong, but the NO DONGS rule was lampshaded so much harder.

One thing I am actually not clear on is is Senketsu actually dead or just materially gone but spiritually bonded to Ryuuko? I got that if he's really dead, then the phantom is just Ryuuko thinking about him and his speaking to him is just Ryuuko imagining his voice. But they made a whole big deal over several episodes about them both being essentially the same substance (and physically bonding so completely), so I'm not actually sure? More importantly, how did Ryuuko call down the scissors from space? Or is that just some random power of hers they threw in the OVA episode to make things even more confusing? Buh?

EDIT: Further dumb thoughts added!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:59 pm

You are overthinking dumb anime bravado. the spirit of senketsu, through the power of friendship, sent the scissors to ryuko because friendship friendship friendship friendship frndshp frsp shipfred

Also, fuck the bullet. That was a dumb plot point and I am glad they forgot about it.
For the White Witch!

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I dunno, it would have been kinda nice to see the bullet get deployed and turn out to be completely useless.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:15 am

Disposable Ninja wrote:You are overthinking dumb anime bravado. the spirit of senketsu, through the power of friendship, sent the scissors to ryuko because friendship friendship friendship friendship frndshp frsp shipfred

Yeah that still makes no sense even by KlK standards.

I did appreciate the show's theme eventually becoming "We are all completely insane and nothing makes any sense anyway and that's just fine."

patito

Postby patito » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:20 am

That makes perfect sense by KlK standards since it is basically cut from the same cloth as Gurren Lagann.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:43 am

The boobs are prosthetic.

source
For the White Witch!

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:15 pm

I can't stop laughing.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Mako's Story

(From Sushio's character artist artbook)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:40 am

Never saw this before. Some really fun ones in there. Friday - See 6:58