Kill la Kill: nani sore

Niku

Re: Kill la Kill: nani sore

Postby Niku » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Episode 15: Is this the episode where we finally get the dirt on Nudist Beach? No intro song; shitfan hitting imminent. Inumuta saying he was going to take data on Jakuzure's trash talking actually having pay off makes me heart grow three sizes. Those Nudist Beach mechs are something else. Easy come easy go with the naked spy organization though. Let's see how good of a promise "I'll tell you everything" actually is. The burning apocalyptic cityscapes in this episode were pretty great, as was Ryuuko's burning spirit. Bringing up Senketsu's symbiotic situation with Ryuuko makes me wonder when Junketsu's going to start acting like a super dick.

Episode 16: A+ Recap gag. New intro song! Oh, Junketsu's acting like a super dick now apparently. Maybe I should just start calling Satsuki's mother Bad Touch Mama. 1999. Day of Lavos. I was kind of getting a Parasyte vibe for a while from the whole Senketsu symbiosis / possibly dangerous thing and this just elevates that, but the fact that Life Fibers are in fact an alien invasion is still pretty fun. Now I'm really interested in where the back half of the show runs with this.

Nope

Postby Nope » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

sei

Postby sei » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Defenestration wrote:I was interested, and then I saw it was picked up by Aniplex. I have no interest in getting attatched to an anime where my only option is one of two boxsets, both overpriced by several hundred dollars.

legitimacy sounds like a drag

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Ep 24: iyaaaaaa~

S+

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:37 pm

TA wrote:Ep 24: iyaaaaaa~

S+

senketsu :(
For the White Witch!

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Well, they didn't fuck up the ending.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Life Fiber will return

as TIME DEVOURER fueled by TENNIS CLUB PRESIDENT
ImageImageImage

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:59 am

It was pretty good.

Niku

Postby Niku » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Episode 17: JESUS FUCK RAGYOU. That would probably be my only note on the episode with her entrance if we didn't finally get to Satsuki's face turn. It was a really, really fucking good face turn.

Episode 18: JESUS FUCK, PAPA KIRYUUIN'S HAIR. Making Ragyou a literal baby murderer is a pretty good way to up her villain quotient, I guess. Nice hair cut, Ryuuko. I am ridiculously looking forward to the moment when she gets to complete the sword scissors and go Full Protagonist. Junketsu's heel turn was as inevitable as Satsuki's face turn, but I feel pretty fucking clever for noticing something as stupid as Ryuuko's Godrobe hair being relevant. Even if I didn't hit it entirely on the nose. Not even going to lie; the end of the episode made me say "Oh fuck" out loud. This is all so Final Battle that once again, I don't know where the fuck things will be in the remaining six episodes. Maybe I should be spoiler tagging shit by this point. WE'RE THIS FAR IN, THOUGH.

Episode 19: Good job co-opting Kamina's glasses for the cause of evil via COVERS, Trigger. It's kind of amazing that they managed to make an apocalypse this stupid simultaneously this horrifying. Soroi is fuckin boss. Mako and Gamagoori are so OTP. Ryuuko-chan Ryuuko-chan, stop being mean to Senketsu. :( We're in the stretch of narrative where the Will They / Won't They subplot should be done with!

Episode 20: That is a goddamn bike. And jesus, Satsuki really is tough as nails. I really do love what character design throwbacks Past-Ragyou and Past-Papa Kiryuuin feel like with their insane fucking hair. And now we've hit peak role reversal. Welp, I can't stop here. This is Hype Country.

Niku

Postby Niku » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Episode 21: Goddamnit Trigger, I'm immune to fanservice. You can't have Ryuuko make out with Nui. Oh, there's the skin coverage plot point. YOU'RE STILL DUMB, INTERNET. The fact that Dr. Matoi cut out Nui's eye with the sword scissor ended up being a pretty good red herring, now that I think about it. It kept the reveal of her Life Fiber nature less of a possibility when Ragyou proved she can heal all wounds, except that the scissors destroy Life Fibers. Though then again, she does seem to be able to handle being stabbed with them, so. Maybe it's cutting and not stabbing. Semantics. Still looking forward to the full scissors taking down Ragyou. Also Mako is such a goddamn boss. This is the bloodiest rain I've seen since the Evil Dead remake.

Episode 22: Stop it, Trigger. I'm at peak waifu. Fuck yeah, return of the peons. C'mon boxing guy, it's every first cannon fodder guy's duty to come back and show he wasn't totally worthless when the finale comes around. Jesus christ. Horror croquettes actually become a narrative metaphor. This fucking show. Fuck yeah, Sewing Dude. FUCK YEAH, MAKO.

FUCK YEAH, EPISODE 23: Ragyou better be about to wear Shinra-Kouketsu for the final battle. Also I'm a little disappointed that for all the Matarou dick we've gotten, they couldn't throw in jiggling transformation wangs for the dudes in uniform. Come on, equal opportunity ridiculousness. If I want to see anime cocks flapping like majestic flags in a windstorm, that's my prerogative. Mostly to watch the internet freak out about it, admittedly. THAT FUCKING HEEL STOMP. FUCK YEAH SATSUKI. FUCK YEAH, MAKO. FUCK YEAH, PEONS. FUCK YEAH, SOROI.

The End: Not even total paralysis can stop Mankanshoku Mako. I .. I'm sorry Earth. But when the villain's ultimate plan is to let Nui give you a hug, some things just have to happen. Ragyou goes out as the boss she is. S .. S ..

Suuuuperman.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 pm

Okay, now that that's over with, can we talk about how Gamagoori's most powerful attack is turning his chest into his face and then shooting energy blasts shaped like his face from his chest-face?

Because that is totally a thing.
For the White Witch!

Niku

Postby Niku » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Super Mario Bros Super Show did it first.

Doomykins wrote:Niku why are you mixing up all of the names you idiot

spoilers about the 2nd to last episode and the 2nd half of the series niku don't read this (the last one is this week are you excited)

being at the 2nd to last episode myself I have to say that it's a shame this show wasn't allowed to have a budget or anything. They very very very clearly ran out of something in the 2nd half of the series and started delivering exposition and dramatic moments in place of fight scenes and it's really strained at times. There are still good moments and the show is above average but I'm coming away from the entire thing wondering what could've been if they had two seasons or if it was a manga or, god help me, they tightened up the pacing because they could actually afford to animate more than 30 seconds of animation per episode

re: the budget: I don't think the show EVER had a budget, at least no more than any anime series is allowed to have these days. While the pacing does become far more traditional in the back half, I'd argue the show as a whole only has a few genuinely big fight scenes (Ryuuko vs. Satsuki round 1, Ryuuko vs. Jakuzure, Ryuuko vs. Satsuki round 2) and they spend a lot of time very cleverly working around their limitations otherwise. Much like pretty much all anime.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Niku wrote:Episode 21: Goddamnit Trigger, I'm immune to fanservice. You can't have Ryuuko make out with Nui.[/spoiler]

I'm having trouble putting into words exactly why this scene was hilarious to me, but it's something like ... a lot of shows offer the possibility of something lesbian going down during the narrative, sure, by offering an implication and leaving it up in the air. This show keeps it at a possibility by showing the threesome, and implying that it might have been a metaphor for Ryuko's takeover by Junketsu.

I dunno. The concept just gives me the giggles.

Nope

Postby Nope » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Zach

Postby Zach » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:Okay, now that that's over with, can we talk about how Gamagoori's most powerful attack is turning his chest into his face and then shooting energy blasts shaped like his face from his chest-face?

Because that is totally a thing.

Repressed emotions are powerful. Daang.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Thu May 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Guess what's on Netflix now

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue May 27, 2014 4:53 pm