Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: TV Series On The Television

Postby Mothra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:03 am

I'll TAKE IT

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 pm

The first episode of The Conners was good. It took a little bit to get warmed up, but it had some good laughs, and the way Roseanne's been written out of the show is timely and emotionally resonant. Turns out she had a secret opioid addiction and died of an overdose; the emotional core of the episode is a scene where Dan confronts the woman who gave her the pills (played by Mary Steenburgen), who responds that she didn't realize Roseanne had a problem and she believed her when she told her she just couldn't afford medicine.

All in all, I was impressed; I don't know that I'll be a regular viewer, but I like what I've seen so far. If the debut is any indication, the show's going to do a fine job of capturing what was great about Roseanne (the show) before Roseanne (the Roseanne) lost her damn mind.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:26 am

The Watch is finally happening.

The article is filled with grating TV exec blather. But here are the important bits:

The Watch features many Discworld creations including City Watch Captain Sam Vimes, the last scion of nobility Lady Sybil Ramkin, the naïve but heroic Carto rot, the mysterious Angua and the ingenious non-binary forensics expert Cheery together with Terry Pratchett’s iconic characterization of Death.

Written by The Musketeers and Das Boot writer Simon Allen, BBC Studios is co-producing the series with Narrativia, the production company founded by Pratchett in 2012 and now run with Pratchett’s daughter Rhianna and his former business manager Rob Wilkins.

The series is being exec produced by BBC Studios’ Head of Drama London Hilary Salmon, who has worked on series such as Luther and Silent Witness, Ben Donald and Wilkins as well as Doctor Who’s Phil Collinson. It was commissioned by BBC America’s President and GM Sarah Barnett and Nena Rodrigue, EVP of Original Programming, Acquisitions and Production.

And there's a graf at the end indicating that the show will tell original stories, not adapt the novels.