Thad

Re: TV Series On The Television

Postby Thad » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:04 pm

I read "Seaquest" and thought "Sealab".

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:49 pm

The CG is surprisingly not bad, since it's all underwater? All they had to model was the Seaquest, the little drones that buzz around it, their shuttle submersible, and a regular-ass submarine. Against the dark and shit-filled deep-sea water, it looks decent.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:11 am

Mongrel wrote:
Mothra wrote:On a similar note I started watching Seaquest again out of some vague impulse to see how it compared to my memory. It is very not good, but in season 1, there are sometimes moments where the great lead (Roy Schnider) and the socio-political setting where they're mining the ocean floor come together nicely. Mostly happens in the pilot and the one where they find the library of alexandria.

So much schlock otherwise, though...

Oh my god, I don't think I've had a single thought about that TV show in, like, 25 years.

And yet I can immediately picture it.

God, remember that teen heartthrob that was in it

what was his name

the kid from Ladybugs

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:11 am

Oh shit, was it character who was their answer to Wesley Crusher? I can picture him, kinnnnnda???

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:38 am

Büge wrote:God, remember that teen heartthrob that was in it

what was his name

the kid from Ladybugs

Rodney Dangerfield

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 am

I'm generally pretty bearish on video game adaptations these days. There is some good stuff coming out, like Cyberpunk or Castlevania that I enjoyed, but there's also stuff like Sonic and Last of Us which are... fine. But in general the pendulum has swung towards being TOO faithful with the intent of making sure the target audience is doing the Leo point every 10 minutes or whatever

Which makes Fallout being good quite a surprise. On the surface it looks like it's too faithful of an adaptation, but somehow it manages to work and tell a fun story. There's a strong cast of characters with conflicting and well-defined motivations (and also Maximus), and in particular Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins are bringing way more than they needed to. Goggins looks downright gleeful at times getting to shoot guns at dudes in power armor

Anyway, it's out right now on the Pirate Bay, worth watching
signature