Korra

Bongo Bill
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Korra

Postby Bongo Bill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 am

It's just one episode, it's not gonna kill ya.
...but is it art?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 am

Avatar Day is not only amazing, but gives you insight into past avatars' personalities.

Painted Lady is a fun episode for action, has relationship developments that come up later, is one of the best episodes for Katara and referenced constantly to defend zuko/katara shipping

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am

This is still Korra stuff, but I just wanted to mention how in retrospect, I really appreciate how well Bolin/Mako's family (except for the incredibly contrived way they met) and everything related to the Earth kingdom revolution were handled.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

I love how cartoonishly, North Koreaishly loyal his grandma is to the Earth Queen.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 am

Yeah, that was awesome; a really smart smart play by the show's creators. It wasn't cartoonish though, it was pretty real actually, typical of an attitude you'd find in lots of older monarchist states.

It was also great that Korra or the heroes never directly helped or participated in the revolution except very indirectly (like how they enabled Zaheer), something else that I thought was a smart move. It was enough to just acknowledge that there were revolutionary elements and offer a few broad hints at the idea that they had legitimate grievances.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:50 pm

I also loved how Zaheer overthrew an entire fucking nation just to get to Korra.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Pretty sure he was going to do that anyway

Zaheer really felt like the villain Amon was supposed to be.
For the White Witch!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh. The guy I was calling "evil George Takei" all episode... was George Takei.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 am

Mongrel wrote:Oh. The guy I was calling "evil George Takei" all episode... was George Takei.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:31 am

I can't believe Korra fell for the old "stall the villain with conversation" trick.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:49 pm

For the White Witch!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:59 pm

UH OH.

I mean.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 pm

oh man oh man oh man. That looks exactly amazing.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:00 pm

So, Season 3 in a nut shell:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Wait, in the trailer for Book 4, who is that that cuts her hair short at the beginning (and shows up later and is also the still preview image). I thought it was Korra at first (THE HERO'S DRAMATIC CHANGE), but realized that character has completely different eye colour in daylight lighting (grey-green vs Korra's established aqua-blue). Now I am confused?

But it has to be Korra, because the last shot seems to pretty clearly indicate that's her (voice, fire). So I guess beyond just cosmetic changes of hair and outfit, her eyes actually change colour entirely at some point? Huh.

EDIT: This also seems to bode well for the "the series is at its best when bad things are happening to Korra" school of fandom.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Also

Bongo Bill
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Bongo Bill » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:12 am

Mongrel wrote:Wait, in the trailer for Book 4, who is that that cuts her hair short at the beginning (and shows up later and is also the still preview image). I thought it was Korra at first (THE HERO'S DRAMATIC CHANGE), but realized that character has completely different eye colour in daylight lighting (grey-green vs Korra's established aqua-blue). Now I am confused?

But it has to be Korra, because the last shot seems to pretty clearly indicate that's her (voice, fire). So I guess beyond just cosmetic changes of hair and outfit, her eyes actually change colour entirely at some point? Huh.

EDIT: This also seems to bode well for the "the series is at its best when bad things are happening to Korra" school of fandom.

Korra's new haircut is similar to Opal's, but you can still distinguish them by coloration, build, and costume.
...but is it art?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:46 am

I was actually not sure if that was Bolin's new gurl when we saw her in the trailer. She has the same hair style and color.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:47 am

Mongrel wrote:Wait, in the trailer for Book 4, who is that that cuts her hair short at the beginning (and shows up later and is also the still preview image). I thought it was Korra at first (THE HERO'S DRAMATIC CHANGE), but realized that character has completely different eye colour in daylight lighting (grey-green vs Korra's established aqua-blue). Now I am confused?

It's Korra. Her eyes are gray because of the lighting, and probably look green-ish to you due to her new green clothes.
For the White Witch!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:00 am

I don't think it's the lighting. Look at the still shot - it's in bright daylight. At no point previously have Korra's eyes been that colour in bright daylight.