Deals on Things

Thad

Re: Deals on Things

Postby Thad » Mon May 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Humble Forgotten Realms Bundle. Never read any of them; I was more of a Dragonlance kid. But I keep hearing things about this Drizzt fellow.

$1 gets you the Dark Elf Trilogy, the first two War of the Spider Queen books, and the first Lady Penitent book; there's more stuff at the $8 and $15 tiers.

Ain't no way I've got time to read all 23 of these, but if I did read the Dark Elf Trilogy and decided I wanted to read more, is there anything must-read in the $8 or $15 tier?

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue May 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Thad wrote:Humble Forgotten Realms Bundle. Never read any of them; I was more of a Dragonlance kid. But I keep hearing things about this Drizzt fellow.

$1 gets you the Dark Elf Trilogy, the first two War of the Spider Queen books, and the first Lady Penitent book; there's more stuff at the $8 and $15 tiers.

Ain't no way I've got time to read all 23 of these, but if I did read the Dark Elf Trilogy and decided I wanted to read more, is there anything must-read in the $8 or $15 tier?

Wow. There is nothing I want to read in that collection. I clicked on it thinking that it'd include, I don't know, the Moonshae Trilogy, or the Finder's Stone Trilogy, or the Realms Anthologies or anything by Elaine Cunningham or Ed Greenwood. But no, it's all Drizzt or Drizzt-adjacent. Snore.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 pm

They Might Be Giants' Flood Live in Australia is free again. Valid email required. They ask for a billing address too but you can probably put any old thing in there since it's a free download.

It's good! It's Flood, They Might Be Giants' most popular album (the one with Birdhouse In Your Soul, Istanbul, and Particle Man), performed live. If you're a fan of the original album, you'll enjoy this as a fresh take; if you're not a fan of the original album, well, it's really quite a good album and maybe you should check out this free live version? It's not the same as the original album (for one thing, the track list is upside-down), but they're good songs and these are good versions of them.