Perfect Porkchops

Re: Perfect Porkchops

Postby Newbie » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:58 pm

tiny text

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:00 pm

I hope she is just their toilet gremlin for like ... half a season or something.

Classic

Postby Classic » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:12 am

beatbandito wrote:Finally we get confirmation for

my main theory behind why she shot her leg off instead of Steven. She knew some gem tech didn't work on him and rather replae the foot. Though she's not amazing at resource management.

And it seems like she'll be interacting with the gems some more, or something super major is going down inside the next two episodes.

Regarding Peridot's decisions in Friend Ship It could just as easily be she was out of shots for the day or it was only a feature of the limb she was using as a helicopter.

Possible spoilers for Catch And Release: Peridot does seem to think Steven is some kind of god-tier monstrosity until she realizes he can be annoyed by slaps.

Classic

Postby Classic » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 am

Catch and Release has in some ways closed the fugitive Peridot plot thread and broken open the mystery of the cluster plot thread, I am kind of hoping that the cluster has already been found and disabled by Rose Quartz, but that seems a little implausible because I think Peridot has hinted that she's already checked on the cluster and confirmed that it is bad news for the Earth. Possibly getting ready to hollow it out of life energy or explode to the surface Lavos style.

But once again, we would have been aware of this if only we had paid attention to the meticulous revelations of Renaldo Fryman and KeepBeachCityWeird

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:15 pm

I like this new ship.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Classic

Postby Classic » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 pm

IDK if that scene is called back to in "Shirt Club", but I have always felt the two were related.

Maybe this vid is janked. The clip is all of 30s but the runtime is over 2m.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:30 am

Spoilertag hides information revealed in Jailbreak:
So there's a stevenbomb going on and in this last episode Garnet shares with Steven a flashback about how ruby and sapphire met.
I feel like this undermines the thesis of Love Letters a little but w\e.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Classic wrote:I feel like this undermines the thesis of Love Letters a little but w\e.

How, exactly?

I mean, I can see how it seems to be moving fast because it's only the course of an episode, but even then it's a midnight story being told to Steven.

Sapphire and Ruby think nothing of each other then fuse by accident. Over the course of the episode they decide they like being fused. At some point in the next 5000 years they realized that feeling was love.

So yeah, I'd say that supports Garnet's idea that you can't fall in love with someone by looking at them once from 20 yards.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:28 am

If you want to argue that the montage represented a much longer passage of time than a few days, I'd buy that. Sure. But think about the other questions posed to which we are given "The Answer":
"How was Ruby able to alter fate?"
"Why was Sapphire willing to give up everything?"

It reads very love-at-first-sight-y to me. And the other questions imply that love was the emotion or drive that initially fused Garnet.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Classic wrote:If you want to argue that the montage represented a much longer passage of time than a few days, I'd buy that. Sure.

Not even, that was two-to-three days tops, maybe only one full 24 hour period.

Classic wrote:But think about the other questions posed to which we are given "The Answer":
"How was Ruby able to alter fate?"
"Why was Sapphire willing to give up everything?"

Okay, done.
Classic wrote:It reads very love-at-first-sight-y to me.

I would argue that the very fact that those are questions shows that it's not. I think the issue is that you're confusing
Classic wrote:And the other questions imply that love was the emotion or drive that initially fused Garnet.
with "love at first sight".

I'm not going to argue exactly what emotions spurred the fusion or try to define love, but it's possible that love was the cause and that still doesn't mean that it was love at first sight.

There was a major event that changed the course of their lives, and they decided this new feeling was love. Sapphire and Ruby went through the same experience as (not SU spoilers, but a plot point from Berserk that, contextually, gives stuff away. Who's still reading this if they don't want spoilers anyway, though?) GATSU and Caska. Both couples ended up in love, but neither was love at first sight.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:45 pm

If anyone didn't catch it in Steven's Birthday,

Don't get meta, Tom.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Those photos make it look like Pearl and Amethyst are getting very Peanuts back there and I don't remember having an intense feel like that when I watched it.

Also there are leaks floating around and don't watch tomorrow's leak.
and if you do, don't watch friday's leak.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:36 pm

beatbandito wrote:(not SU spoilers, but a plot point from Berserk that, contextually, gives stuff away. Who's still reading this if they don't want spoilers anyway, though?) GATSU and Caska. Both couples ended up in love, but neither was love at first sight.

I don't actually have that touchstone so I can't share any feelings regarding what you're putting out there. But I also get the impression that there's nowhere else for this discussion to go?

Postby Newbie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:28 pm

HEY FYI

Cartoon Network accidentally put on the wrong promo or something, because they spoiled HUGE ENORMOUS REVELATIONS with a clip from an episode that won't even be airing this week, so learn from my mistake and BE SUPER CAUTIOUS. I can't wait to see how we get to what I saw, but I really would have liked to not know what will necessarily have happened for us to get there.
tiny text

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:49 pm

It Could've Been Great / minor Steven's Birthday spoilers

Air on moon base was a disappointing logic hole to not at least make a nod to (that I noticed). Especially after having the Amethyst as the car seat reveal was such a great handling of a more minor, but similar, hole.

Classic

Postby Classic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Do you suppose that the thing that was "not what they came for" needed an atmosphere at about 1 earth unit to be stable? More unlikely, but more neato: Maybe Diamonds, unlike most gems, require earth-like atmospheres.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Peridot is now a certified, card-carrying cutie

Really liked that one with the tape recorder