Perfect Porkchops

beatbandito

Re: Perfect Porkchops

Postby beatbandito » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 pm

zaratustra wrote:
beatbandito wrote:I mean, fuck, Pearl was always and kind of still is just following orders. I'm not really expecting them to fully follow this thread, but it kind of makes Pearl not a Crystal Gem in the philosophical sense that everyone else is.

Well she does say this to the very first gem that comes along trying to re-enslave her - "I didn't fight a thousand-year war for this planet's independence to take orders from the likes of you!" So she has *some* skin in the game. Er, some nacre in the game.

Which is similar to how Yellow Pearl reacts to Peridot trying to order her. Also Perry is basically telling Pearl that since Pearl's master is gone Perry will be her knew one, which doesn't rule out Pearl still feeling like she's following her master.

But also when looking back into that stuff I remembered that Yellow Diamond ordered Y and B pearls to doing backing vocals for her song to Blue Diamond, but there's pretty much a whole song about Peridot learning what music is on Earth, so I'm back to not going quite as hard in the theories.

Ultimately I expect the next episode to be the standard third act fight between the main characters, possibly followed by a steven bomb's worth of hurt feelings before something happens that brings them all back together in time for the season finale.

Really the best thing happening for this show right now is not knowing how episodes are going to be airing and in what batches, so it's a little bit harder than the classic Law & Order "we're still on the order part at 40 minutes, is this guy going to kill himself or get let off by a corrupt system?"

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed May 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Supposedly there are some spoilers out there potentially dealing with the series finale, so I feel like this might be it -- the final countdown. (It's also why I clarified I was talking about the most recent episode, and everyone else has been too.) Granted, that could mean this year, or next year, orrr ..

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed May 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Postby Newbie » Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Niku wrote:Supposedly there are some spoilers out there potentially dealing with the series finale, so I feel like this might be it -- the final countdown. (It's also why I clarified I was talking about the most recent episode, and everyone else has been too.) Granted, that could mean this year, or next year, orrr ..

I've seen 'em, and I'm skeptical.

I think some people are arguing that this stuff is final endgame material because they've invested too much faith in a specific potential ordering of expected future events, and this leak would appear to undermine that, if the events it depicts take place prior to the series finale. But it's ambiguous: we may not be seeing what we think we're seeing. And even if we are, this series could simply take a different shape than the one some fans were expecting.

Personally, I think it's likely that the leaks are from the beginning of season 8, with the series finale at the end of that season, because the Golden Ratio suggests that's how many episodes we'd need for A Single Pale Rose to be the major climax of the series.
tiny text

TA

Postby TA » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 am

I thought they'd been saying that the fifth season would be the final one.
のほも is such a good word?? the concept is kind of hard to fully get across in translation, but basically it means a feeling of pure, deep, platonic affection, and i think thats beautiful