Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Thad

Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Postby Thad » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:07 am

Machinima's doing a new Transformers cartoon. Which apparently is set during the Combiner Wars, which apparently is part of the IDW comics? I dunno, I quit reading them after All Hail Megatron sorta fizzled out near the end.

I'd rather see something set in the original universe (either G1-post-season-4 or anything post-Beast Machines), but what the hell, let's have us another new Transformers universe I guess.

I've also recently re-watched the first five episodes of Transformers Prime. I didn't really like them any better the second time, but now I have a four-year-old nephew to watch them with so that makes it better. (Really anything I can get him to watch in-between episodes of Ninja Turtles. Lord knows I like some Ninja Turtles now and again, but not all day long.) I hear it gets better maybe?

Thad

Re: Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Postby Thad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 pm

Seeing as I started a redundant, second Transformers thread, I am now going to repurpose it as a Go-Bots thread.

Tom Scioli's Go-Bots comic is awesome.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 pm

CHOMP CHOMP

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Watched Bumblebee on a friend's media server.

It's definitely the most watchable of the live-action Transformers movies. The first two minutes are what everyone wanted the original Transformers movie to be, with classic-form transformers battling on Cybertron. It rules.

Then they get to Earth and it's a solid episode of Stranger Things for a while. Then it turns into pure action shlock, then you get your indescipherable metal hurricane fight, then the movie ends. Plot obviously sucks-ass, none of the characters matter, but it does have that fight at the start, and a enjoyable-enough sequence in the middle where bumblebee transforms around the main character during a chase, which was fun.

I'd say wait for the scenes to show up on Youtube, then watch them there.