Videogame music appreciation thread

Spooky Skeleton

Re: Videogame music appreciation thread

Postby Spooky Skeleton » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Shame on all of us for no one posting debatably the best Sunsoft track of all time, Outside from Fester's Quest.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Whoa. That is tight.

François

Postby François » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 pm

This is the first level track for Drakengard, one of the few games I've played that I actually hate. I'm sure you'll note that it is trash garbage. It is trash garbage that loops a great many times over missions of repetitive combat against repetitive enemies that last forever. Exception made for a scant few instants of fleeting brilliance, the game's art direction, in terms of visuals, music and moment-to-moment interactivity, alternates between ugly, dull, and simultaneously ugly and dull.

I'm only posting this because I gotta say I'm still glad it sold enough to let Yoko Taro keep his job and proceed to make games that sound like this.

Spooky Skeleton wrote:Shame on all of us for no one posting debatably the best Sunsoft track of all time, Outside from Fester's Quest.

I still have a preference for...

...but if I gave it any thought, I'd probably find out my pick between the two varies by season.

Spooky Skeleton

Postby Spooky Skeleton » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 am

Journey to Silius is hard to beat.

This track from the Gameboy Color game Star Ocean: Blue Sphere is pretty rad.

It's called Civilization Keeper and was composed by Motoi Sakuraba who composed music for a ton of games - too many to name - but among them Arcus II: Silent Symphony which is an other fave of mine when it comes to chunes.

http://66.90.93.122/soundfiles/gameboy- ... Keeper.mp3