Netflix and Kill Me

Sharkey

Re: Netflix and Kill Me

Postby Sharkey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm

I honestly didn't expect Devilman to commit to the original (sort of) ending. If you zoom in on that last scene you can see Shinji strangling Asuka in the background.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

zaratustra wrote:I just want to say

yeah there's a lot of gay subtext and not-so-subtext between ryo and akira, fanfiction writers

but before going "omg they're so cute together" consider that one of them tore the other, literally, in half

that's not a healthy relationship

Oh no! Are you saying that a relationship where half the pairing is literally Satan...isn't healthy?

How amazing! I have never heard of this before! Of course, we must always only be interested in perfectly healthy, equal relationships. Otherwise...I don't know, something bad will happen. Like reading an enjoyable tragedy or something.

EDIT: This was a bit snappish, because it's a major sore point. Sorry, been getting too much of this from people who are serious.

...but it's still a damn stupid thing to say.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:24 am

why did i watch Final Space this is not funny it's just incredibly depressing jesus christ

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:16 am

Disenchantment is good, but would probably be great if it didn't suffer from Netflix Bloat pacing issues. I could honestly see someone going in and editing a few minutes out of each episode and turning it into a much snappier show. It's much more Futurama than The Simpsons, which is A-Okay by me, both in the characters (Bean, Elfo, and Luci are not one to one matches for Leela, Fry, and Bender but .. they're not exactly NOT either) and the serialization. Several of the episodes stand alone just fine but it is more heavily continuity focused than Futurama was. You don't need to know why one episode ends with a gag about Bean getting into trouble and the next episode begins with her being punished for it, because if this was on TV and you had missed the prior week the context is more than enough on its own, but like a lot of creators in streaming they know you're not going to be missing anything anyway.

Most importantly, the sign gag game is on point. There are some groaners and some greats, just as it should be.