Tabletop & Board Games

Lottel

Re: Tabletop & Board Games

Postby Lottel » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm

As for podcasts for this system, I haven't found one I really liked. They all pretty much ignore trying to teach you how to play and expect you to either learn by context or just not care about the mechanics.

Now that I know the system so well, I might try again but I don't recommend using them to learn.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm

So I've ran two sort of test/half sessions so far with my growing player group, and I am absolutely enjoying this system.

I think that it fits a nice gap between the "This is too narrative"(FATE) and "This is too much crunch"(SHADOWRUN) camps of my mind that have caused me to struggle with things that aren't D&D for a while.

There's a lot to like about the system. I particularly enjoy the Advantage/Threat spending in combat, because it really gives you a reason to Pay Fucking Attention even if it isn't your turn to think about what would be most advantageous.

It really helps that Star Wars Adversaries and Genesys Emporium exist to make running and teaching it as painless as possible.

One thing that annoys me is that Discord has yet to build in a "Shared tablespace" into their app that lets you just draw in a shared spot or share images. If it had that, Roll20 would probably be dead for anything that didn't require macro enabled character sheets to be playable.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Skulltaker: The Most Warhammer Model Ever

This is pretty damn great xD

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Their arguments are sound, but he's not actually pointing accusingly into the middle distance with the other hand, so there's still everything to play for.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm

I'm generally a fan of everything that Red Raven Games has made, but I am extremely hyped for this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/95 ... escription

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 am

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:43 pm

If Wendy is the queen then who is her burger kiohhhh I get it

It's always weird to remember that the pigtailed mascot is based on a person who is very much real and still alive.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:21 am

lol i love it

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 am

The new Sisters land raiders are shamelessly, hopelessly, gloriously over the top. It's absolutely hilarious and I love it: