[b]Guild[/b] Wars 2

beatbandito

[b]Guild[/b] Wars 2

Postby beatbandito » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 am

I am going to try and sell this game now. But I don't want to start with a rant.

Guild Wars 2 is a fun action mmo. The combat is still tied to ability bars and autoattacks, and it's better suited for a keyboard and mouse than controller. There isn't a lot of need for metagaming and tracking information (and can be little instanced group content if you want) but there is a disappointing lack of usability options as far as UI elements and coloring.

The game is definitely leaning on a p2w currency store. But the winning is pretty easy to do without the paying, and there's a lot outside of cash availability to work towards. Mostly you just end up paying more than you generally do for an older mmo when you end up getting all the expansion content.

Most importantly: you can play free up to level 50 and through the award-winning the entire base game is free at this point. You'll get no mounts, limits on max level builds, and no access to expansion map areas. But you do get the entire map of Tyria open world. Which is not only a lot of varied content, but designed to be level synced so people starting at different times can go back to other starting areas or just redo the same map content endlessly while still getting benefits of participation.

SO, should you decide to start playing I'm on Stormbluff Isle (which recently fell to high or even normal population), but the only thing that impacts is world vs. world play (which you can access on a free account at a certain level, and is fun). The guild L O V E Happy Minmay is sitting mostly empty but I don't know if there's even a way to openly list for recruiting so you can just like, message me.

It's available on steam, but with ease of access also comes the standard steam mmo separation from stand-alone accounts in ways I'm not sure about other than just launcher. the installer.

okay cool, thanks for reading

Friday

Re: [b]Guild[/b] Wars 2

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:04 pm

Envy
ImageImageImage

Re: [b]Guild[/b] Wars 2

Postby Newbie » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:35 pm

In the run-up to the GW2 launch, one of my roommates bought first-class tickets for the Hype Train. He was **heavily** invested in this game. The art style, the game mechanics, the jumping puzzles, the Free-to-Play philosophy, the world structure—any time conversation around the house stalled out, he took it as an opportunity to evangelize. The five of us living together all wound up pre-ordering thanks to his passion.

It's a cool game! I remember being really excited by the karka pvp minigame they added in one of the first content patches. I only ever got one of my eight character to max level, but I had a good time, and I was impressed by how much they let the world change when they demolished the "main" city, Lion's Arch. WoW stole my time and attention, though, so I didn't stick with it.

I went back to it for a while last year to dip my toes into expansion content. Verdant Brink just kicked my ass, but Auric Basin had this zone-wide treasure scramble event that was some of the most gonzo fun I've had in the game. I want to get back to it, especially since trying dragonriding in WoW suggested I've really been missing out by not playing with any of Guild Wars 2's mounts.
tiny text