Armored Core: Prepare to Die Edition

Yoji

Armored Core: Prepare to Die Edition

Postby Yoji » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:34 am

No AC thread? It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

I just met the Sea Spider, and my usual nutcracker isn't working, possibly due to operator error. It staggers easy enough, but it's also dangerous at nearly any range. Doesn't help that every attack is red, so figuring out the cues feels a little tricky.

But I'm also damn tired after a difficult day, so that isn't helping. I'll sleep on it and have better luck next time.

In the meantime, I should figure out how to share pictures... whenever I have any worth sharing. I used to use Imgur, but I guess that site's eating its own ass too? I guess I can try linking from Mastodon posts; I'm not sure how it handles external links, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Upthorn

Re: Armored Core: Prepare to Die Edition

Postby Upthorn » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:58 am

I found Sea Spider more frustrating than Balteus. Not because it's harder, but because I didn't find it as fun to fight.

Looked up a youtube pretty quick, and it's suggestion of dual Gatlings + dual Songbirds was extremely effective.

So effective that it worked even though I only ground up enough cash for one Songbird.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:37 pm

"...a big spider? Just hit it with a shoe, 621."

"IT'S WEARING MY SHOES"

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:32 pm

"Phew, I got the Sea Spider! That sure wasn't easy! But what do we have next? "Steal Survey Data" for 100,000? The last mission was for 330,000, so it can't be THAT hard."

Can't be THAT hard... be THAT hard... THAT hard... hard... echo... echo...

I'm kind of liking the variety of mission scenarios so far. Like, there's more going on than just "napalm striking construction workers" in various locations like it felt in some other games. Last night, I blew up a fuel depot and fought some mini-bosses in a fairly standard but serviceable sortie. But then right after, I had to escape from an exploding mine shaft and sneak around guard MTs before killing another AC. That last bit was particularly funny because I panicked in the sneaking portion and used the Songbird to take out the guards, so I ran out of bullets halfway through the boss fight, which meant I had to punch 'im to death. All's well that ends well.