Legend of Zelda: Clever Subtitle

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Legend of Zelda: Clever Subtitle

Postby Mothra » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 am

Brentai wrote:
Thad wrote:
Brentai wrote:"Open world" apparently means "Oblivion without fast travel".

If the game doesn't start with fast travel, it's bound to show up later. Even The Legend of Zelda: Ocean of Fucking Nothing had fast travel.

It probably shows up later - warping is a Zelda staple - but they lampshade the lack of initial shortcuts right in the video:

Miyamoto: So how far away is our destination from here?
Aonuma: Well, it'll still take about four or five more minutes I suppose.
Miyamoto: Four or five minutes more...
*awkward cut*

Why they would want to call attention to that is a mystery. Maybe they're overcompensating for the poor exploration options in Skyward Sword.

I thought that was really weird too. Was getting ready for them to show off their fast-travel alternative, then... nope.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 am

sweet dreams, everybody
For the White Witch!

François

Postby François » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 am

..."S"?

Oh, I guess they have ranks B through S instead of C through A. Threw me for a loop for a moment though.

I wonder how the time mechanic is gonna work. The Twilight rules were a neat idea but the darkness was both spectacularly crippling and far too easy to bypass, so you never had a reason to endure it.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:14 am

Haha, okay this is neat

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:26 am

There was a period where I just could not play Link to the Past because the perspective made my head hurt.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:03 am

TedBelmont

Postby TedBelmont » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:02 am

THIS POST REMOVED FOR INSUFFICIENT CONTEXT

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:27 pm

I was quite enjoying Breath of the Wild, but I fired it up today and started getting disc read errors. Apparently this is a common thing, and I can't figure out a way to fix it. Bought it used and it's past the return window, but I'll plan on calling the shop later and seeing if they can do anything for me.

Game was working fine the last time I played it, and had not even been removed from the console since. Tried the suggestions I found online (delete/reinstall update, delete apps I'm not using); no luck. The disc looks clean to me.

Tried firing up Cemu; found that it runs at a framerate I will describe as "intermittently playable". However, I'm not seeing any way to copy my existing save from my Wii U onto external storage. (I haven't installed any kind of homebrew tools yet because it's a refurb model that's still under warranty. I expect there are some third-party ways of copying save data, at least.) I've got no intention of starting over from the beginning, so I guess I won't be playing it on Cemu at this point.

Pretty irritating. It's not like I can't find another game to play, but I did just drop $50 on this one (used!) and it sure doesn't give me a lot of faith in the Wii U's handling of physical media. (Again, the disc looks fine and other people are reporting similar issues even on brand-new copies of the game, so I don't think this is a case of me just getting a jacked-up used disc.)

I've got a headache and don't feel like going into the game shop today (or even talking to them on the phone), but I'll plan on doing it tomorrow. At the very least, they should be able to clean it for me and see if that helps.

Mazian

Postby Mazian » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm