Ultra King of Fighting X #mahvel

patito

Re: Ultra King of Fighting X #mahvel

Postby patito » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm

I think Oni is just basically a worse Akuma when it comes to his moveset, and he plays too much like a regular shoto. Gouken may not be a very strong character but I think he's more interesting for it, like right down to the fact that he doesn't have a shoryuken as a special move but only as a super/ultra, and I quite enjoy that his focus attack is basically that kick attack special that Ryu got for SFIII.

Bal

Postby Bal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

I miss Ryu's donkey kick so much. The thing is, and I don't know if you've watched good Oni play, but he plays a very rush down oriented game with his slashes, his ground pound, and his command normals. He has very superficial shoto elements, but they're not used in anything like the same way, which is why I think he's a better attempt at what Gouken is. He looks like a shoto, isn't one in practice, but is still a totally viable character in his own right. Don't get me wrong, Gouken is awesome, and the impact of his moves is fantastic, but he has enormous holes in his arsenal that Oni filled when they made him.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 am

Bal wrote:Again, look at the shotos. Many normals are identical in appearance, even many specials, but one doll (one less than in Alpha 3) and holy coconut, call the creativity cops.

Man, people bitch about the shoto clones constantly. They've been doing it since 1991. And I don't think it's unjustified.

If you want to be sarcastic about it you can chide people for not expecting to have to swallow more of this shit from Capcom forever.

MEANWHILE: Oh, this is where my original prediction went. Apparently I vastly underestimated the fine folk at Capcom.

(Desaad or whatever herself might not have been a dick move, but putting R.Mika in the announcement trailer certainly was.)

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:35 am

I have the feeling that if this update was called SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 EXPERT EDITION or I REALLY CARE ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT SCENE EDITION nobody would be angry and it would still reach all the people it was supposed to reach.

But no, they had to call it ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 4 and now people that didn't see the trailers being basically footage of a guy's basement think Capcom is taking this shit seriously.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:06 pm

For the White Witch!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 am

A massive SPOILER character joins Persona 4 Supplex

On the one hand, I'm pretty happy with his inclusion and this was actually something I wanted. On the other hand, hope you weren't planning on not having the driving mystery behind Persona 3 spoiled for you.
For the White Witch!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:10 pm

TJ Combo's been revealed for season 2 of Killer Instinct. His design is honestly pretty weak, and doesn't really stack up at all compared to Jago and Thunder's designs. Maybe they'll iron out his design like they did with Sadira's.
For the White Witch!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Story details for MKX.

Story mode spans the course of 25-years, starting off right where MK9 ended, and one of the new characters is Cassie Cage, Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage's daughter.
For the White Witch!

Bal

Postby Bal » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am

So this is happening.

Official rainbow edition basically. It's like the opposite of a balance patch. In some way it makes me happy just knowing that at least parts of Capcom still know what fun is.

Metal Slime

Postby Metal Slime » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Anyone doing the Street Fighter V beta? Add Gilgamesh5 on PSN if you want fight times (or maybe other multiplayer stuff).

Bal

Postby Bal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 am

Definitely hype for the game, but I'm going to wait for the PC beta this fall.