Assy Creed

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Assy Creed

Postby Smiler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Black Flag is pretty good so far. I feel like if they had focused on making just a pirate game it would have been way better. The way it is now makes me want a more structured pirate game like Pirates!, and it makes me wish there was a lot more stuff to do in the like, 1.5 cities you get in the game. I've been shotgunning the story since I'm getting a little tired of the game after 18 hours, and the missions are all different flavors of follow the dude. Sometimes you follow a guy. Sometimes you follow a boat in your boat. Sometimes you follow a boat on foot.

All in all I really like AC4 but mostly because it isn't as burdened with the ridiculous meta-plot that the series has had. Every once in a while you get taken back to your dumb cubicle and it pretends you want to do things that aren't assassin's creed but it is a very small fraction of the game itself. Also the pirate stuff kind of helps.

beatbandito

Re: Assy Creed

Postby beatbandito » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 pm

But can you assassinate someone on land with your boat?

I want a full frigate coming down from rafters and gutting a guy before a ten minute soliloquy. That's really how you spell soliloquy? Wow.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Re: Assy Creed

Postby Smiler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I really fucking wish. I settled for using confuse ray on the guy I needed to kill and his entourage of like 5 dudes. The game still acted like I was right over his corpse at the end even though I was actually behind a mast watching the worst moshpit ever.

There are bonus missions where you need to kill people on boats and you can just blow up the guy with your swivel guns or even better, just ram the boat they're on until it sinks.