Bravely Default: Silicon Studio is 90s Era Squaresoft?

beatbandito

Re: Bravely Default: Silicon Studio is 90s Era Squaresoft?

Postby beatbandito » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:20 pm

It does require a good amount of love of dumb anime, but the incredibly one-dimensional characters will eventually become a... not a plot point really but an important part of the overall story.

If you have any level of investment in the characters or the story then dialogue will eventually become pretty entertaining. Otherwise, unless you seriously love the shit out of finding minmax OP combos with classes and abilities it will never really be a strong game.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

That said, I am basically the ultimate target weeaboo jrpg fanboy and I still stalled out against other distractions.

I think I might have spent too much time trying to find an optimal growth path? I feel like that may have also been a huge mistake.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 pm

I dunno, I think what's been keeping me going is that I really enjoy the combat. Usually that's the part I like least about JRPG's, but this is just really painless and occasionally fun.

I'll see what they have in store after the shieldbearers story arc, then make my call.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:41 pm

The shield-bearers arc is interesting on its own terms if you're not 110% sure about D's Journal yet and want to have that resolved.
Plus one of the job quests puts your party into a little bottle episode. That's neat?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Also Cannon you are ablinked to Ringabel dogg

Your guy has so very many wondrous abilities