Diablo: What fresh hell is this?

Z%rø

Re: Diablo: What fresh hell is this?

Postby Z%rø » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 pm

The level of fun you have as a Crusader is directly proportional to the amount of cool gear you have. For example, Gyrfalcon's Foote + Jekangbord produces the ability to spam shattering shields ad infinitum, and then you just replace the other 5 buttons on your bar with cooldowns and stack cooldown reduction.

This is transitional to the top tier of Crusader, which is Blade of Prophecy + Akkarat's Awakening + 6 Set bonus and being in Rally runed Akkarat's champion 24/7 and spamming things that essentially have no cooldown when you are damaging enough enemies.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 am

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

sei

Re: Diablo: What fresh orange is this?

Postby sei » Fri May 16, 2014 4:32 am

Ziiro wrote:The level of fun you have as a Crusaderin Diablo is directly proportional to the amount of cool gear you have.For example, Gyrfalcon's Foote + Jekangbord produces the ability to spam shattering shields ad infinitum, and then you just replace the other 5 buttons on your bar with cooldowns and stack cooldown reduction.

This is transitional to the top tier of Crusader, which is Blade of Prophecy + Akkarat's Awakening + 6 Set bonus and being in Rally runed Akkarat's champion 24/7 and spamming things that essentially have no cooldown when you are damaging enough enemies.

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 16, 2014 2:02 pm

The most fun you can have in diablo is rolling perfect crit dam on the first try
ImageImageImage

sei

Postby sei » Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 pm

but in practice you spend 20 million gold on just combining fucking topaz to try to reroll your ring of royal grandeur to have more than 4.5 critical hit chance

and failing

i'm not bitter

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 pm

I saw in the patch notes something about jewelry and making it take marquise gems and I was like YES and then I realized it was to make rares at Shen

I may have made a pbbbbbppppt sound with my tongue, can't remember for sure
ImageImageImage

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Sun May 18, 2014 5:07 am

5/6 Akkhan's
2/3 Aughild's
45% CDR (Could be 50% if I put the paragon in)

No Ring of Royal Grandeur

I've done so many act 1 bounties now it makes me sick

If I could get that ring I get so much more powerful

sei

Postby sei » Sun May 18, 2014 5:26 am

~60 rerolls in the ring is 5.5 chc

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Remember folks going on about the disaster of the RMAH in Diablo 3? Well, here's one auction house botter's story of how he made €100k in a year in the RMAH

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:20 am

Reaper of Souls obliterating all forms of trading (except within your group) was the best thing it had to offer, by a trillion billion times.
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:05 am

Well, they had to supplement that with different drop rates and item stats to make it viable.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:39 pm

So for anyone who used to play this but quit because they couldn't roll 6% crit on their ring got bored, the new patch introduced some new content, including:

Greater Rifts

Legendary Gems

Hellfire Amulet

Greater Rifts can be done by running regular rifts until the boss drops you a keystone of trials, which can be used to enter a set arena with endless waves of spawning mobs on a timer. Kill as many waves as you can and you'll get a numbered greater rift keystone which you can use to enter a greater rift of the same difficulty.

Legendary Gems drop from Greater Rift bosses and are fucknuts insanely good but can only be put into jewelry. There are only 15 or so gems so you'll quickly get all of them from running Greater Rifts. They can also be upgraded (by running Greater Rifts) which increases their effectiveness. Some examples include a gem that increases damage to slowed or otherwise cc'd enemies, a gem that increases the damage of your pets, a gem that increases damage to elites and grants a damage bonus for a bit after killing any elite pack or boss, a gem that stacks damage as you spend resources, a gem that stacks attack speed and cooldown as you attack, a gem that increases all damage the farther away from the target you are, and many others.

The Hellfire Amulet is the new reward for keyfarming/ubers, replacing the now terrible and obsolete Hellfire Ring. Each Amulet has a random passive skill for your class, making it by far the best in slot, if you can roll a good one. (ele dam or primary stat, chc, chd, socket, relevant passive)

Other improvements of the new patch:

Treasure Goblins now have a chance on death to open a portal to "The Vault"
Demon Hunters and Monks now scale armor off of dex instead of dodge (!!!)
Lots of bad/terrible skills buffed to be not so terrible/bad
New Ladder seasons with unique possible drops
A lot of people whining about how overpowered Demon Hunter M6 build is
Leaderboards for season characters and non-season characters
A lot of Demon Hunters whining about how M6 is the only viable Demon Hunter build
ImageImageImage

sei

Postby sei » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Friday wrote:A lot of people whining about how overpowered Demon Hunter M6 build is
A lot of Demon Hunters whining about how M6 is the only viable Demon Hunter build

Saw the writing on the wallladders before the patch even dropped.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Greater Rifts were implemented poorly and overall the lack of new content is fairly bogus. Also, you should be allowed to convert your (in my case very many) old Hellfire Rings into Amulets but you can't because Blizzard are jerks.

Diablo 3 (and Reaper of Souls) have become an excellent game on the backbone of the best-in-genre gameplay (or "gamefeel"? There's something wonderful about the way action feels), but 2.1 was a huge disappointment. The new gems are a letdown, the insane variance in rift quality hasn't been addressed at all, and I feel like allowing Pandemonium Fortress back into the rift rotation was an actual slap in the face.

I guess I probably have just already put in too much time to find the game interesting without more content or a better way to farm the two pieces of gear I actually want (one more Unity for solo, better SoJ).

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Well, the patch revitalized my interest in the game (I had quit beforehand after both my Rorg and SoJ rolled possibly as badly as possible when they finally dropped) so ymmv.

I don't see how the new gems are a letdown? I mean they're sort of boring in that they are mostly just flat %dam increases, but they are certainly insanely powerful. I'm not sure what they could have been that would have been more exciting. More gems like the more distance = more damage one that encourage certain playstyles instead of just "your crits bleed shit now" or "your pets hit harder"?

I guess I probably have just already put in too much time to find the game interesting without more content or a better way to farm the two pieces of gear I actually want (one more Unity for solo, better SoJ).

If you're that close to the end of the treadmill then it's pretty unlikely anything outside of a massive content infusion would get you back, yeah.
ImageImageImage

norn

Postby norn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:02 am

for my part, 2.1's changes themselves are less interesting than seasons, which prompted me to switch 100% to a new character and focus entirely on them, without the aid of the stash or gems or massive gold stock or feeling like i was 'wasting time/effort' on playing someone who wasn't my main. it's an illusion, but it was effective enough for me to be more invested in it than i would otherwise be had i simply run greater rifts on my nonseasonal witch doctor.

with that said i'm playing a barbarian being carried by my brother, who got m6 before paragon 100 and can sleepwalk through GR36s. YMMV.

goblins not being able to open portals in rifts is the dumbest shit.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:59 pm

goblins not being able to open portals in rifts is the dumbest shit.

yeah when I found out about this I made that pbbbhphhphptt noise again
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:26 am

hey guys

I'm playing DIABLO

in 2.3

again

but nobody else is

why am i posting here

hey norn, i guess
ImageImageImage

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 am

I play Diablo but only hardcore seasonal.

ocksi

Re: Diablo: What fresh Detroit is this?

Postby ocksi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 am

I had terrible luck at the beginning of the season. I'd keep going but I'm at a gear wall on a ring that I've spent all my time and resources trying for for over a week. I think it killed my interest.