POW! HA HA!
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Warcraft: the Gathering

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 am

(Referring to Spambot.) Okay yeah I'll start taking this seriously in the morning.

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:24 am

Managed to get Hearthstone running (albeit a bit slow, especially in the menus - in-game is 100% fine, but the menus lag like a motherfucker, no fucking idea how Blizzard managed THAT) on my Nexus 7, even though it's not officially released for the US last I checked. Same process as pirating an app, but I don't feel bad about doing this because it's a F2P game.

So far I've been having fun with my newly revised Druid Ramp deck. Turn 5 Ironbark Protector into turn 6 Kel'Thuzad seems maximum fair, especially against a class with very little removal in the scrub-tier casual matchmaking I'm doing.

Cait

Postby Cait » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:09 am

It was officially in US Google Play by midday yesterday. I downloaded it, got my free pack against an AI, but the thing's way too unresponsive on my crappy tablet.

Grath

Postby Grath » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 am

Cait wrote:It was officially in US Google Play by midday yesterday. I downloaded it, got my free pack against an AI, but the thing's way too unresponsive on my crappy tablet.

I sideloaded it from the earliest version, got my free pack, played a couple real games (it wasn't too laggy on my Nexus 7), but then my tablet bricked itself.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:26 pm

sounds like that NES Robin Hood game
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Urgh, I keep getting to 11 wins in arena and losing to the same guy twice. This time I purposely waited so that I wouldn't requeue against the same person, but I ended up queueing into the guy I lost to at 10-1.

As consolation, my latest 11 win run gave me 450 gold, so I bought 5 packs. Got Mukla, Antonidas, and 265 dust. Didn't have either of those legendaries, and they're both useful! I'LL TAKE IT.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm

I don't understand why Mukla doesn't see more constructed play. He's so incredibly strong into an empty board on turns 3/4/5 it's not even funny.
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Mukla runs in mill decks (I think druid is the only popular one right now, but maybe rogue too) and certain aggro decks (was present in aggro pally pre-GvG).

I don't know how good it would be right now, given the prevalence of Antonidas mech mage. Last thing they need is more cheap spells to turn into fireballs, and they already have the board presence and removal to deal with Mukla.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

THE BEST PART OF HEARTHSTONE IS BACK, BITCHES

Seriously, I have no more fun in Hearthstone than I do in taking down the heroic adventure bosses. It's a special blend of luck and cheese that makes you feel incredibly good managing to get through it.

Grim Guzzler: Giant Deck Paladin with some cheap divine shield spells and get downs for stalling

Arena: Fatigue Mage. Once he Deathwinged, it was a matter of managing freezes and big game hunter and polymorph etc etc while he topdecked. You have no idea how fucking salty I got when I managed to get a hilarious amount of value out of his Lorewalker Cho, netting myself at least eight polymorphs while he continued to polymorph my sheep instead of killing it, only to have him play Nozdormu. As it turns out, all that RP announcing he does runs down YOUR turn timer, and I was literally unable to play any cards until I died. Given all the answers I had in my hand to the shit he was playing, that would have been my win over the final win several attempts later.

Emperor: Lightwell, Power Word Shield, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire. An oldie but a goodie. I didn't even need to use the many silences or the weapon-killers I had prepared, because holy shit was pulling out a death's bite a dick move I should have expected after silencing my way through all of his other bullshit.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:02 pm

the best part about single player is not playing vs. Mr. Slow Guy.

Heroic Arena is Mr. Slow Guy.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:54 am

Niku wrote:As it turns out, all that RP announcing he does runs down YOUR turn timer, and I was literally unable to play any cards until I died.

The Suicidal Kel'Thuzad Bug caused Blizzard to explain basically what happened to you (and what is now hotfixed to not fuck you with Nozdormu):

When it's the computer's turn in Adventure or vs Innkeeper, the computer executes its turn IMMEDIATELY - like, once you click end turn, the computer has already played all its cards behind the scenes. What you're seeing is the animation playing out. So on the computers' end of things, its already your turn again, since it takes him a nanosecond to do his turn and hit end turn. Which is why it freaked out and Nozdormu'd you up the ass.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:34 pm

My standard Frothing Berserker packing Warrior deck let me one shot Garr pretty easily. For Geddon, Mill Rogue making him take up to 12 Fatigue damage per draw for the final kill, leaving me with less than 5 HP left from my own fatigue drawing though? *italian kiss miming*

Still working on Majordomo Dickhead.

Cait

Postby Cait » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Haven't quite pulled off Geddon yet, but Majordomo has an annoying habit that you can exploit.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Apparently you can just Bane of Doom Majordomo for the kill and Rag will never spawn. May have been patched by now.
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Nothing exciting on the Domo kill, just Priested again and felt vaguely dirty about it.

Just kidding, there's nothing dirty about spawning Ragnaros and hitting him in the face with an exactly 60/60 Lightwell.

I spent a long time unsuccessfully trying to use my Geddon tactic on him, but I came so damn close to pulling it off so many times that I was reluctant to switch to something more tried and true.

Cait

Postby Cait » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 am

Yeah, the problem with the aforementioned Geddon tactic is that it'd give him the opportunity to play the nasty segment of his deck.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Razorgore was my mr stealzyo gurl Priest, grabbing as many eggs as possible to get my own free 7/7s from him. Hardest part was actually getting some early minions mulliganed.

For Vaelastrasz, I crafted a Hobgoblin and then filled my deck with 1 cost minions that can be buffed by Hobgoblin.

Currently trying an RNG-pray Warlock deck relying on discarding the spell cards early on to grab tempo for Chromaggus, but it's a lot of conceding to get started for real attempts.

Niku

Postby Niku » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Never managed to get the Warlock to stick, though I think it would work if the stars aligned perfectly. Ended up being a priest, in the end, but even abusing the usual spirit/fire combos it was a really damned close one.

As for the dapper man who isn't a dragon at all definitely not, Mill baby, mill. Gang Up Rogue is so fun.