WildStar: Get Your Ass to Nexus

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: WildStar: Get Your apple to Nexus

Postby Brantly B. » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Niku wrote:It'll probably be an even better game in a patch or three when they get the basic bugginess of launch hammered out (or well, if they get it hammered out), but the foundation is rock solid even if the stuff on top can be kinda shaky.

So it sounds like the game will be good right around the time it becomes affordable. :okaywiththis:

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 am

So these 'Kill X' challenges are something I can only describe as bullshit. Every one of them has been getting to about 50% completion before totally running out of things to kill. It's not challenging your ability to kill over a short period of time, it's your ability to perfectly map out every spawn in an area and somehow also control the number of other players that are taking from the pool.

Classic

Postby Classic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Tempting to snag this, but there's no one I know in the reals who's even vaguely interested.
La~ame.

Also, is it "interesting" that some folks seem to think that the Dominion is equivalent to the Horde? Are these people "interesting" in a way that I would probably not want to guild with them?

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:23 pm

The Dominion is regimented, harsh, cruel and effective. They will vaporize you and your family for filling out paperwork wrong in order to keep things running and make sure the strongest and most cunning are in charge of things.

The Exiles are generally good-willed, erratic, open and accepting. They will go out of their way to help you, then accidentally vaporize your whole family because the eccentric engineer that designed the rescue ship was totally sure he worked out all those bugs, oh well!

But more directly they probably mean it's because the exiles are all cute (and also clearly have a night elf "say we're helping but actually ruin everything in our quest for power" race) and the Dominion races are generally uglier.

Blossom

Re: WildStar: Get Your Ass to Nexus

Postby Blossom » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm

I think the Hycrest storyline kinda speaks against the whole "good-willed, erratic, open, and accepting" thing. The Dominion might be imperialist as all hell, but the Exiles are straight-up terrorists.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 pm

beatbandito wrote:The Dominion is regimented, harsh, cruel and effective. They will vaporize you and your family for filling out paperwork wrong in order to keep things running and make sure the strongest and most cunning are in charge of things.

As it should be.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:56 pm

TA wrote:I think the Hycrest storyline kinda speaks against the whole "good-willed, erratic, open, and accepting" thing. The Dominion might be imperialist as all orange, but the Exiles are straight-up terrorists.

Terrorists who, the writing implies, would be more interested in blowing up people because a busty girl with no real reasoning told them to than because you're helping someone avenge their dead family. But I try not to include inter-faction relations because even if there was an MMO where the factions were Buddhists and Taoists they would still be committing genocide like it's a fucking sunday brunch. Lore never really holds up well when you need turmoil between two parties to be a constant.

There's also the fact that the opening sequences have The Dominion releasing one of thousands from cryo-stasis because their records show you would be a good subject for whatever bullshit they had to pull you out. Where The Exiles are quickly losing everyone stuck in the cryopods that are shutting down by the second, and you're only rescued because someone who's good at shooting things was apparently given free reign over evacuating the pods and is ignoring everyone else in the search for his wife (a search he is failing, badly, until someone with no technical knowledge of the systems does it in five seconds [that's you]). He later tells you he's glad he didn't just shoot you in the head the second he saw you weren't his wife, because for some reason immediately killing someone who's life you've saved because it wasn't the RIGHT life is a thought that passes through the head of a man who, again, has been given complete control over the cryo-rescue operations.

Holy shit yeah, The Exiles are fucking sociopaths. They're clearly the cool guys after all.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:15 pm

The factions are lawful neutral and chaotic neutral.

Postby Newbie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 am

My free month ends on Monday, but while I was at my friends' place, they noticed I was online when I shouldn't have been. Wouldn't you know, it just so happens that I'd forgotten to add two-step verification to my account! I jammed that on there, and look at that:

Daaaaaamn, that's a lot of money for a level 15 spellslinger! Much as I would have loved to just use that money for game time or something, I just submitted the following ticket:

I wasn't sufficiently vigilant, and apparently my account was compromised. Once I discovered this, I changed my passwords and added two-step verification. The botter was successfully evicted from my account! However, the villain had already used my character to gather an absurd quantity of materials and was carrying way, WAY more money than I would ordinarily have had. As much as I might want to just keep the bounty for myself—it feels appropriate to the outlaw-ridden Wild West aesthetic WildStar borrows from—I don't want to get myself banned over a windfall of ill-gotten gains. Please let me know if you need me to take particular action.

We'll see what comes of it!
tiny text

Classic

Postby Classic » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:52 pm

So I heard this mother is a ghost town?

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 pm

Newbie you are too good for this 'verse.