Game hacks

nosimpleway

Re: Game hacks

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 am

Oh, that looks neat, it might be interesting to pick it up and see how things work out with everything flipped arou--

*bomb jumps required to exit Torizo room*

ha ha ha never fucking mind

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:41 pm

I still think Super Mario 3mix is fantastic, but I managed to stumble across a bug that caused it to lock up and erase my save sooooo I think I may be done with it.

(For future reference, in case anyone else plays it, or I remember to warn the dev about it later: near as I can tell, the spot on the map that's the equivalent of World 2-2 is still mapped as enter-able. I accidentally hit A on it, the screen did the starting-level animation/sound effect, and then it locked up and erased my save.)

Spooky Skeleton

Postby Spooky Skeleton » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Really pretty looking romhack for Simon's quest WIP

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:08 am

The latest rabbit hole I have stumbled down is the MSU-1, a chip that allows the SNES to play PCM audio. (Virtual only, AFAIK; I don't think anybody's actually manufactured one. But some emulators support it, and so does the SD2SNES.)

I intend to write more when I can type comfortably again. But I'm definitely impressed by the technology even if I tend to prefer the original chiptunes.

I mean, it's cool that you can play Mega Man X3 with the PS1/Saturn version of the soundtrack, but the PS1/Saturn version of the soundtrack is a fucking abomination in the sight of God.

Chiptune version: Sense of urgency and intensity.

CD version: Excuse me, could you hit the button for the fourth floor please? Thanks.

Spram

Postby Spram » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Thad wrote: the PS1/Saturn version of the soundtrack is a fucking abomination in the sight of God.

You mean, ears.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Yes. The PS1/Saturn version of the soundtrack is a fucking abomination in the sight of ears.