FINAL FANTASY ONLINE 2-2 Not shit edition

Wheels

Re: FINAL FANTASY ONLINE 2-2 Not shit edition

Postby Wheels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:09 am

Yes, I am on Balmung. M'rehl Tia is the character name. If we're seriously going to do this, do a couple of initial forays on your own, it will not hurt to start our fixed party run with everyone having a bit of levels already stocked on the weapons and armor.

TA wrote:I wonder if the new cross-server party finder will let you do Palace. If so, I am often available.

It does, to my knowledge.

By the way, Sophia EX is *hella* fun but fuck trying to do a melee rotation on it. Slip and slidin' and going non-targetable as soon as Ninjitsu comes up all day.

Looking forward to learning Zurvan, I just recently hit 250 ilvl
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

Oh, I'm 99/99. Scaevola Aremti.

Rico

Postby Rico » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:39 am

How long is the gearing process once you hit cap? Computer is currently dead but I could see getting back into 14 for a bit.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:53 am

On your first 60? That's ... a good question and I'm not entirely sure, it's been ages and it's changed so much. If you've been doing Palace of the Dead while you level you can start off 60 with an i255 weapon, which is Quite Good, so it's mostly about the rest of the gear - weapon is by far the most important piece. If you've been diligent about Centurio dailies through the Heavensward story you can probably jump to 200ish fairly handily, and that'll get you through Midas and Mhach. Between that and dungeon catch-up you'll get a pile of Lore which will get you up near 230 probably, and that's enough to start doing Creator and getting meaningful Scripture, which is the current tier of stuff. And that's without friendly crafters to just fart out some 250 crafteds for you.

So it depends how much time you sink into it per day, and also how far into it you want to go - you technically can be clearing Alexander Savage with 255 weapons and 250 gear, because that's what the world firsters did, but in reality you want to be quite a bit more geared before trying that. But that's the highest end progression stuff. Short of that, you've got extreme primals for raid content, which the stuff i mentioned above is plenty for, and below that is not all that demanding gear-wise. If you can find an hour or two a night and spend them wisely then you can probably be geared enough for anything short of Raid Content in a couple weeks?

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:54 am

What we are currently discussing is gear and level independent! Palace of the Dead is a quasi-roguelike built into the game where the progress within it is independent from the rest of the game, but does get you "real" rewards.
As for gearing up, with a little bit of work not that much. You can get 235/255 weapons for your main class via Palace of the Dead which has no requirements, and then Lore tomestones I find very easy to get also from Palace of the Dead and Wondertails. 250 armor is obtainable with very light effort from Alexander farming, which has had the weekly cap revoked recently.

And don't forget you can tap crafting baroness supreme Lyrai to fill in your biggest gear holes. Strangely, the Free Company seems to have profited under her reign as guildmaster when nobody was looking :V

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:58 am

Glamor Prisms in the chest, food on the table, crops in the garden, chocobos in the stable.

Bitch we fabulous.

CRAFTING BARONESS, OUT.

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

Why am I not in your FC?

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't know, because you're never online to invite? :V

But no seriously, there's some very late night training for me at least going on, but each time I check for you or Kayma neither are online. And thanks to the PS3, people currently have to be online in order to friend them. When are you around usually?

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:19 am

I'm on at weird times, but mostly around 8PM-ish EST.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:14 am

BTW Paco, I've been looking for you whenever you're on, but you don't seem to be around. When will you be around so I can friends you and track you? :V

Classic

Postby Classic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:37 pm

if only there were some way to fold this pile of assholes into the talking time pile of assholes
:-(
but i forgot this thread existed when i signed up

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 pm

I'll start playing just to join with talker scum if their guild is actually 'Pile of Assholes'.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 pm

sadly they are just "Talking Tyrants" on Sargatanas.
They do have a Lyrai who crafts hard... come to think of it I haven't seen them in the same room...

Kayma

Postby Kayma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 am

I've been playing a lot of PotD. Should have started ages ago. It's nice to level through without having or get worked up about gear and ilevels.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 am

Gomenasai, my name is M'rehl Tia-sama.

I’m a 27 year old Ul'dahn shinobi (the ninja job for you gaijins). I handsign Huton and Suiton with my mudras, and spend my days perfecting my art and skipping soar. (2700 DPS minimum or raid disbands)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through Garlean darksteel because it is synthesized with over three thousand control, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on Hydaelyn. I earned my samurai soul crystal two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Doman fluently, both Kanji and the Othard dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Doman history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Stormblood early access, I am moving to Kugane to attend a prestigious dojo to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an freedom fighter for Lady Yugiri or the Resistance!

I own several yukatas, which I wear around Balmung. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Doma, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my questgivers and Scions and speak Doman as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Doma!

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 pm

btw Lyrai, we're moving the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7pqxU35WVM

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I like the way Geo got his avatar to look just like he does in real life.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm

What?

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Hm. Why did I think that was a Spooky Skeleton post?

Now my comment is funny in an entirely different way though.

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:49 am

Do you ever stop to think before you post. Or just stop to make sure everything's there.