Fallout

Disposable Ninja

Fallout

Postby Disposable Ninja » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Got a new graphics, and of course the first game I really play is Fallout: New Vegas, a game I already played on the Xbox360 only this time I'm using mods.

Many NSFW Mods, at that. Also, Nevada Skies.
For the White Witch!

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Fallout

Postby Mongrel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Disposable Ninja wrote:Many NSFW Mods, at that.

"Pfft, there's no way those are real."

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:14 am

oh shit, I just noticed that the achievement icon getting a lot of melee kills is a reference to Six-String Samurai.
For the White Witch!

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 am

This is my first time playing the DLC expansions

Honest Hearts was kind of weak and Joshua Graham doesn't feel like he was a part of the Legion
Lonesome Road and Ulysses were not quite what I was expecting, I liked this ED-E a lot though
Dead Money was alright, Dog/God was an interesting character. I ended up killing Elijah instead of what I wanted to do, which was lock him up in the Sierra Madre vault
And I just started Old World Blues and

holy shit this is amazing.

Muggy is the best robot.
For the White Witch!

patito

Postby patito » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:09 pm

I really quite enjoyed Lonesome Road, even if the explorable aspect of it is really just a straight line, but story wise Ulysses fits way better with the rest of the game than Joshua Graham. I remember Honest Hearts was a pretty reasonably sized place to explore, but I can't remember any of it. Dead Money is sort of middle of the road, it's not great but it's also not bad, it's just there, at least you get a few new toys from it.

Old World Blues on the other hand is just incredible all around.

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 am

FYI the giant titties mod affects the ghouls too

for example

I love ridiculous shit so much
For the White Witch!

Grath

Postby Grath » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 am

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am

Good old Radiation King.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I'm expecting my neighborhood to be completely unchanged in the post-apocalyptic hellscape.

Classic

Postby Classic » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:33 pm

IDK. They must have been pretty far away if they didn't melt before the dust cloud hit them.

sei

Postby sei » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:12 am

I still haven't fucking played FO:NV, but this guide to mods for FO:NV seemed promising.

Postby Newbie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 am

"ISN'T FALLOUT 4 JUST FALLOUT 3 WITH THE GREEN FILTER REMOVED???"

It really isn't.

POINT THE FIRST: JUNK. The generic junk that fills the Commonwealth wastes is both better distributed and just a whole lot more useful in F4 than it was in F3. You're going to need it for you settlement, or for building gun or armor upgrades, or if all else fails, feed it into your Junk Jet cannon—which is just about the first legendary weapon the game throws at you. You could even sell it, were you so inclined, and if it gets to be too much to carry, well: consider point two!

POINT THE SECOND: COMPANIONS. Fallout 3 made it a whole lot of fucking work to get a companion. (I only ever found Dogmeat once, and that was on a character that was over halfway to max level.) In Fallout 4, you'll have more companions than you know what to do with before you even make it to the first major town! And, no offense to Fawkes, but the companions are just a lot more fun this time: there's more of them, they're way less repetitive, and they have a lot of unique dialog recorded for surprising contextual situations.

POINT THE THIRD: SETTLEMENTS. This is a system you can completely ignore, if you so choose, but with all the benefits crafting provides, it's pretty advantageous to take the Local Leader path and colonize the Commonwealth. Meeting settlers' needs is pretty trivial, but if you want to build something unique and memorable, the tools exist and the screenshot button's just a press away. With as much raw material as you'll find yourself carting around, it's incredibly painless to drop the junk back at base camp and see if anybody has a request for new development.

This may all sound pretty frivolous, but even at this early stage, Fallout 3 and New Vegas feel a lot more similar than Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 do. I'm really enjoying it—and I'm enjoying it on the PS4! In conclusion, Bethesda is a land of contrasts.
tiny text

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:06 pm

RPS' My Favorite Companion was the first thing that kinda made me want to play this game. The characters sound pretty good.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Too bad I traded having followers for 100 pounds of extra inventory space, less inventory management, and damage reduction. Get fucked friend-havers!

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Also you can still use Dogmeat with that perk tree.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:33 pm

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Okay?

With greater context I'm willing to bet irony and satire are way down the list for all the Bethesda Fallouts, but that is an image of what looks to be a completely appropriate in-universe poster that would make sense in Vault 76 inspiring the dwellers while they wait. If anything that image with no context makes me more excited for it.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Not following Fallout with any deep interest, but isn't this one of their off-season experimental outings, the gimmick being Fallout Rust, and they expect the players to build a vibrant RP civilisation with stories, quests, trade posts and some kind of rule of law? If that's broadly correct I certainly see the potential for that poster to be a lil' bit ironic.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Well, from most of what I've heard so far, Fallout 76 is on track to become a hilarious disaster, so I would err on the side of skepticism.