Pokeymans

Lottel

Re: Pokeymans

Postby Lottel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:41 pm

After you've already fought a pokémon before, took tips next to moves say what's effective against the opponent. (There's also a feature in fights, a plus symbol on the bottom screen, that helps you keep track of buffs/debuffs and abilities which is neat)
There's a few visual indicators whether the trainer ahead is wanting a fight or just wanting to chat. Most tall grass can be avoided.

And, this may just be me, but I think random encounters are turned down. I have to run back and forth sometimes to get one to trigger.

But, opposite of what you want, sometimes wild pokémon will call for help and another of the same family group will show up to fight. This changes up wild battles but can make them longer.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Another nice feature is the pokedex shows the individual patches of grass where you can catch pokémon you've seen before.

But, uh, that's the only good thing I can say about this new pokedex.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:56 pm

The trials definitely break up the monotony pretty well.

Grath

Postby Grath » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm

btw if anyone needs Ice Vulpixes, I have spares.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:26 pm

BE MY FUCKING FRIEND EEVEE

Anyway this has been pretty fun now that I've put some time into it. By far the best A++++ starting route pokes. I had a full team of my favorites before finishing the first island, and it was still a while before I stopped swapping out one or two a route. Bewear is my new favorite big 'ol dummy. And holy shit I just remember that the pokebank is a thing so this is the first time I can actually transfer between games and get my ultimate derp team.