Guilty Gear Xrd

Classic

Re: Guilty Gear Xrd

Postby Classic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Uh, XX's story mode where he tells people he's a guy? He at least does it in Johnny's story path. Dunno where else.

sei

Postby sei » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:14 pm

What I got from XX's story is that Bridget isn't trans. Briget is male and identifies as a male, but due to extenuating circumstances, he has to pretend to be a girl. Specifically:

He was born in a village in England where the birth of twins of the same gender was considered bad luck, and it has always been demanded without exception that one of the twins should be sacrificed or either exiled if that happened, but their parents were unwilling to lose one of their children and instead they decided to raise him as a girl so that they could hide him from the society he was bound to live with, and probably in order to seek forgiveness he was given the best education they could afford to their daughter. Bridget loved his parents and did his best effort to live a life in desguise to keep them from worrying
[src]

The wiki entry jives with what I remember from other bits of XX's story mode and, I think, something printed in the manual.

Classic

Postby Classic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:32 pm

OK. That's the story I read.
Didn't realize dudes could be waifus.

sei

Postby sei » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 am

doesnt being a waifu imply consent

Disposable Ninja

Postby Disposable Ninja » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:54 am

Classic wrote:OK. That's the story I read.
Didn't realize dudes could be waifus.

Please.

The preferred nomenclature is "husbando".

You uncultured swine.

But yeah, Bridget identifies as male. He's just very effeminate. I'm pretty sure that Venom is gay, though, and that Zato-1 is bisexual with both him and Millia. I might need a bit of a confirmation on that, though.
For the White Witch!