Time for an Elder Scrolls Online Thread

beatbandito

Time for an Elder Scrolls Online Thread

Postby beatbandito » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:49 am

This game is as faithful as you can be to the instructions "skyrim, but online", bethesda bugs and all. Damn if I don't love it more and more each time I play though. I rambled about it in that other thread. That can get merged if people care.

Here's the best beginner's guide I've found, with some good examples of the game's more original features.

Ebonheart is for lovers.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Time for an Elder Scrolls Online Thread

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

I actually enjoyed the beta a lot, but I wasn't about to pay the asking price for it.

Problem is you look at the higher-level play videos and it stops looking like a neat online actiony kind of game and just turns into another "form a circle around this big thing and mash across your number row at it" festival. I don't think I'd ever want to play it past the beginner areas, which is actually sort of okay.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:03 pm

I have no intention of playing this game, but I do have an academic interest in how the endgame plays out for it.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:14 pm

I hope it ends with every PC becoming Tiber Septim and the next proper TES game is about how we deal with all these fucking Tiber Septims running around.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:02 pm

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Down to $15 already, $12 with code.

Tempting, especially since I don't think I ever have to worry about playing the game enough to give a shit about the DLC/Realmoney shitstorm at the upper echelons. But by the same token, I don't really have enough time to sink my teeth into this and the rest of my ever-expanding backlog, either.