Mobile Game Adventures

Romosome

Mobile Game Adventures

Postby Romosome » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Mongrel

Re: Mobile Game Adventures

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Those are a riot.

Romosome wrote:I've been saving these for a while.

Powerful unit of beautiful girls

wow so cute zombie

Those are the same image... now I want to see whichever is missing (I'm assuming the first?)

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 pm

The thing about this kind of shit is it's literally just a culmination of farmville/sex sells/f2p/freemium. I'm surprised I don't see 4 million different buttons to infect your friends on facebook plastered all over every screengrab.

These are not games. They're very carefully calculated vampires. I'm sure you all knew that already.

I don't know what this post is for.

Uh.

Oh, I'll tell you my favorite thing about freemium games, told to me by a friend:

So he's playing this dungeon crawler and he gets this incredibly rare random drop sword thing that's so amazing and cool. But the thing is you have to clear the level you're on (including boss) in order to keep your loot; otherwise it wipes all your treasure you've collected out. So it turns out the boss is specifically coded to be harder, harder to the point that the player has no chance to win, if a super rare drops.

Of course, you can pay gems (bought with real money) to give yourself a temporary power boost to help you kill that boss so you can keep your loot and shiny sword.

But yeah, preying on human loss aversion? That shit makes PLAY NOW MY LORD etc look like child's play.

YOUR TITTIES ARE AMATEUR HOUR EVONY

BEHOLD NOW THE TRUE POWER OF GIVING SOMEONE SOMETHING BUT THEN THREATENING TO TAKE IT AWAY

Postby Newbie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Romosome wrote:fuck copyrights

Man, that's dedication. Even the logo's ripping off Final Fantasy.
tiny text

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 am

Friday wrote:So he's playing this dungeon crawler and he gets this incredibly rare random drop sword thing that's so amazing and cool. But the thing is you have to clear the level you're on (including boss) in order to keep your loot; otherwise it wipes all your treasure you've collected out. So it turns out the boss is specifically coded to be harder, harder to the point that the player has no chance to win, if a super rare drops.

Of course, you can pay gems (bought with real money) to give yourself a temporary power boost to help you kill that boss so you can keep your loot and shiny sword.

that is not very specific

other fun F2P "mechanics"

the boost you get by paying money might not actually be enough to beat the boss! so then you have to pay again or risk wasting the money you already spent

gacha - if you spend real money you COULD get this awesome new unit! *spend money* oh you didn't get it. good luck next time! no we won't tell you what the odds of getting the unit are

TA

Postby TA » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Newbie wrote:
Romosome wrote:fuck copyrights

Man, that's dedication. Even the logo's ripping off Final Fantasy.

Should I be proud about the two characters I don't recognize, or sad about the ten I do?
のほも is such a good word?? the concept is kind of hard to fully get across in translation, but basically it means a feeling of pure, deep, platonic affection, and i think thats beautiful

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:06 am

lyrai you have to promise not to kill me

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am

Disappointment of Mana

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 am