MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAINIS [Spoiler Tag]

Yoji

Re: MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAINIS [Spoiler Tag]

Postby Yoji » Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 pm

hay guys im late to the party as ever.

At the very least, this whole hallucination/body double business makes me feel a little better about the sudden switch from David Hayter to Kiefer Sutherland.

Also, too: Nearly 120 hours? And I haven't even listened to all the tapes, which I won't even get started on. The last time I spent that long on a first playthrough was Xenogears, and that included getting really lost in a dungeon or three.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon May 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Yeah I'm really conflicted about how I feel about the game as a whole. I absolutely loved it for 80 hours, which is twice the length of the longest RPG that I'm willing to tolerate, but then it dragged on for the length of ANOTHER long RPG and then capped the while thing off by telling me that everything I had done was pointless.

In the end I wound up actually agreeing with the decision to can Kojima. It might have been painful, but it was clearly the only way to keep the thing from becoming Metal Gear Forever.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue May 17, 2016 11:47 am

Yeah. Sometimes- not often, but sometimes- it's okay for a good thing to end before they're allowed to go completely sideways. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow wound up with Solid Snake and Big Boss both returning from the dead and fighting each other in aerial combat with Metal Gear Jehuty.

Wait, what the hell am I saying, that'd be fun.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Hardly Ideal wrote:before they're allowed to go completely sideways.

I'm pretty sure this shit was completely sideways before you hit start on the fucking MSX game.