Ori and the Blind Forest

sei

Ori and the Blind Forest

Postby sei » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Fuck, this game is gorgeous.

The gameplay's pretty satisfying too, especially once you get the poorly-named "bash" ability.

zaratustra

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest

Postby zaratustra » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Kinda don't like the voluntary-save thing, because I forget to use it and then die and have to redo a huge area.

sei

Postby sei » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:13 pm

It took me some adjusting to as well, but its coupling with healing mechanics seemed to encourage using it frequently enough that it wasn't just major save bookmarking.

sei

Postby sei » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Finishing the game took about 7 and a half hours. Didn't quite 100% it, but got most stuff.

I assume the post-"dungeon" difficulty spikes were what people complained about, but I don't see it as having been too hard. Felt like a great ride pretty much the whole way through, and I didn't feel compelled to check any FAQs or videos.

Seems like "bash" really was the game's defining control feature, and it stayed satisfying pretty much the whole game through.

The firepower tree feels a little unimportant, since most of the game's challenges are platforming, not direct damage.

Ultimately, no complaints. Incredible ride. Will probably be returning to this game every so often.