Mein Kraft

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Mein Kraft

Postby Mongrel » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:01 pm

BTW if you haven't migrated your Mojang account to an MS account, the window for doing so without having to actually phone MS and Mojang and pulling up all your old acct info (because all old unmigrated Mojang accounts are being mothballed) is closing soon.

atog

Postby atog » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Mongrel wrote:BTW if you haven't migrated your Mojang account to an MS account, the window for doing so without having to actually phone MS and Mojang and pulling up all your old acct info (because all old unmigrated Mojang accounts are being mothballed) is closing soon.

March 10 to be exact so hop on
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Lady pointed me to this thread since I'm running a small setup with three worlds of various versions and mods for friends and family. If there is interest, I can pretty easily add another one. It is my home server environment, so uptime is not quite datacenter-grade (maybe 95%), but we're already paying for the power so it may as well do something useful.

If there is interest, I just need to know the version, mods desired and a few minecraft names to add as operators to add others to the allow list.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:32 am

I'd weigh in on the side of a vanilla server or something with a few server side vanilla tweaks that you don't need to fuck with modding a client to join.

Or mod it to fuck and back. I also like airships and dimension doors and shit but it gets silly fast.

atog

Postby atog » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Currently running 1.18.1 nilla on -Xms 2GB -Xmx 3GB, highly recommend for servers at least 3GB unless you're running it on a realm in which case you don't get to fuck with the memory settings, and your concurrent players are capped at 4 (and no modpacks)

If you want a few tweaks but don't want to manage mods and plugins, a datapack JSON file can help with little shit like turning off enderman griefing, stopping raids from triggering in certain settings, controlling fire spread from lava in the woods, etc.

And iirc you can use a datapack on a realm? so no mods required for the little QOL things. I think.

Lady

Postby Lady » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:20 pm

anyone want to try plugging this into their client? tarpit.brontoforum.us

also, let us know what your user name is so marbindrakon can add someone to manage the access list

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:06 pm

Was able to connect, was not white-listed. My name is RoyalTheArtist
signature

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:01 pm

I added you to the allow list and as an op so you can add others, Royal

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:17 pm

zaratustra? i think? not sure if the microsoft move changed it

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:47 pm

zaratustra wrote:not sure if the microsoft move changed it

It shouldn't.

Only time it might be the MS account instead of your original username is if you're logging to Xbone console-only Minecraft with your MS account.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:52 pm

Is there a user limit of some kind? Because I think I remember that causing trouble on other servers once upon a time... granted, "once upon a time" might well be "nearly ten years ago," so I have no idea what things are like these days.

Anyway, I ask because I don't want to squeeze other people out just to poke my head in once in a while. But if it's okay, may "armored_bore" join?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:04 pm

User limit is generally down to how robust the server is.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:17 pm

I'm Beat Bandit, got my best emo teen skin on and ready to go. Tried to connect earlier and got Unknown Host.

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Yoji wrote:Is there a user limit of some kind? Because I think I remember that causing trouble on other servers once upon a time... granted, "once upon a time" might well be "nearly ten years ago," so I have no idea what things are like these days.

Anyway, I ask because I don't want to squeeze other people out just to poke my head in once in a while. But if it's okay, may "armored_bore" join?

I currently have it set to the default of 20 concurrent users. It is set to use 4G RAM on a VM with 24G, so I can bump that limit up as needed. Worst case, I can move it to one of my spare baremetal nodes with 64G RAM.

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:40 pm

beatbandito wrote:I'm Beat Bandit, got my best emo teen skin on and ready to go. Tried to connect earlier and got Unknown Host.

That user doesn't seem to exist. Also, are you using the java version? The server is set up for java version 1.18.1.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 pm

He might be Beat_Bandit? IIRC you can't use spaces in Minecraft usernames.

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:46 pm

I looked for BeatBandit and Beat_Bandit as well.

FYI, I've added Yoji and zaratustra. I've also removed all of the ops (level 1) since I realized that doesn't actually grant /whitelist without mods. If this becomes somewhat popular, I'll need to look up a proper way of managing the allow list.

atog

Postby atog » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:20 pm

crunkatog (all lowercase)

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:54 pm

atog added.

For now, go ahead and PM me to be added so I don't keep cluttering the thread with access requests.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:55 pm

MarbinDrakon wrote:
beatbandito wrote:I'm Beat Bandit, got my best emo teen skin on and ready to go. Tried to connect earlier and got Unknown Host.

That user doesn't seem to exist. Also, are you using the java version? The server is set up for java version 1.18.1.

Beat Bandit is what it says on my account in the launcher, and is the gamertag tied to the microsoft account connected to the original mojang account, as shown on the profile picture in the launcher. But if I go through like three different sites of login information I got to a different microsoft account/gamertag that was apparently established at some point for me which has now been changed to beatbandito.

so if that doesn't work idek