Ark: Dino-Riding Tree-Punchers of the Jurassic

Sharkey

Ark: Dino-Riding Tree-Punchers of the Jurassic

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 pm

So Ark is like ten bucks off for the next few days. Grabbed it a while ago and it's the first time I haven't been disappointed by yet another fucking punch trees survival game in I don't even know. It'd be enough if it just had dinosaurs and fecal incontinence, but the devs on this thing are so on the ball it's unreal. I've taken on a kind of haha fuck you attitude regarding early access games lately, but they're flying along, trotting out regular fixes, new junk, and actually talking about what's going on. This week they added a huge new map full of Journey to the Center of the Earth shit, and more importantly the ability to throw extinct birds. Inevitably that led to this sort of nonsense:

Kind of reminds me of the turretball shenanigans we got up to with the Jerks. Anyway, if anyone wants to snag this thing or already has it I'm all about putting together a tribe. There's lots of potential for stupid bullshit.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Hot game deals

Postby Mothra » Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Shit. I'm gonna get sucked into this.

Kazz
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Kazz » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 am

i swear to God, Sharkey, no matter what game it is, all your screenshots look the same
the best kazz around

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri May 20, 2016 5:57 am

Aw man, I was waiting for the next sale to grab the culling, but if this is something people are going to get into I can swing towards the prehistoric instead.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Fri May 20, 2016 11:00 am

I grabbed it when it was 12 bucks with the monthly bundle. I'd probably play for a bit.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Same.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 am

so let's play, nerds

I got one game in, I couldn't see anything and swam until I died of hypothermia. Then I died before fully spawning and I quit before the three minute respawn timer was up since it wouldn't let me make a new character.

seems like fun!

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat May 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Get me a server name and I'm in guys. The 'Pooping Evolved' style server is the best for us I think. They're based off a popular YouTuber's personal server and only allow consensual PvP(duels and personal invades) so your shit doesn't get fucked whole you're offline.

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat May 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Unless you guys are REALLY big into PVP we could make a server and advertise it a bit. A fucking 40 man server is 33 bucks or less a month at most places and we'd have complete control of it... I dunno though, that might be a bad idea.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat May 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Sounds rad to me. Breaking people's shit while they're not around and ganking naked people doesn't really line up with my idea of funsies. There's always Rust for that sort of nonsense. I'll be there whether we set up a dedicated thing of our own or hop on to something already established.

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat May 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Beatbandit and I have been playing on a The Center server. Add one of us, (I'm Malikial on steam) to join up on the server, it's name is really ambigous. [Wiped 5/19 10x All PVPVE 10K Stack] We're in South Tropical Island. Also the main reason we're on a 10x Server is because wow taming is super slow on a normal server. Talking 24 hours to tame big dinos and fuck we got jobs ya know. Also, The Center has a very high level cap because it's a difficulty 5 map.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 am

Now that we're swallowing up actual on-topic conversation maybe someone can split these Ark posts.

As Mali said we got set up on the unofficial [Wiped 5/19 10x ALL {PvPvE] [10k Stack] [No Collision] [probably some other shit gets cutoff] server. Everything happens fast and there are some nice mods for making things easier so it seems at least like a good temp home while we decide on where to call home.
Mali and I got up to the start of gun play in just a few hours. And after being off for almost 12 our house is only partially wrecked and some of the basic resources missing. But we're not dead, kidnapped or naked and Bob's still our uncle.

There's a nice little archipelago near the North Tropical or something spawn and are setting up on the island at 75Lon 82Lat (you have a grid map, don't know if that's a server mod) so you can swing by there to set up, or claim your own nearby while they last.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Ark: Dino-Riding Tree-Punchers of the Jurassic

Postby Mothra » Mon May 23, 2016 12:35 pm

(Splitting off Ark talk into its own thread)

Ark's 20 bucks right now on Steam, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot tonight.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: Ark: Dino-Riding Tree-Punchers of the Jurassic

Postby Mothra » Thu May 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Alrighty, started on BeatBandito and Mali's server. So far, it's fun - been just crafting stuff to build a shanty whilst Beat darts me and puts me into a cage to stuff "useful items" into my "inventory."

Anyways buy it and tame dinosaurs with us: