Swords and Swordsery

malikial

Swords and Swordsery

Postby malikial » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:59 pm

For Honor is fucking great. Just making this thread for the eventual 1v1 me noob debates were gonna be having. The beta was fun and like everyone and their uncle were playing samurai so I was just beating up weabs with a shield and flail dude. I highly recommend the game. The 1v1 is all about footsies and spacing. It's fucking great. also flail man has a special move where he starts slowly spinning his flail and walking towards you menacingly and it's the best shit in the world.

malikial

Re: Swords and Swordsery

Postby malikial » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:53 am

Yo Nerds, For Honor is open Beta for 4 and a half days starting at 9 AM PST on the 9th. Pick that shit up and hit me up so we can kill each other. I'm getting the Beta on both PS4 and PC so I can see which I like better, in the Closed Beta I was on PC and it was OK but Uplay is a dumpster fire. PS4 doesn't have UPlay sooooo.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:37 pm

requesting thread title change to "Only Viking Can Have Tattoos"

this has been about what I hoped for. still sad I missed the closed beta, and not looking forward to the full release with a real ranking system because right now generally if my team starts dropping there's at least one round I can clear the entire other team before they catch on that they need to actually defend even in a 4v1.

Bal

Postby Bal » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Nonsensical network issues have prevented me from playing this, which is fine. If they can't get their shit together on networking, they can go ahead and not get any of my money.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:16 am

Ubisoft servers aren't great on normal days, but they've been running dumb shit for more than a week now and their servers just can't handle it.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:01 am

The network is absolute shit and doesn't show signs of getting any better by launch. There are some work around, basics like running in admin mode and whitelisting on antivirus stuff.

There are definitely choices that they made that are just bad though. Like if a lobby doesn't have enough people to play the game type anymore between rounds it kicks everyone out instead of pulling another in, and dissolves any player groups for seemingly no reason in the process.

Still though, dat combat system.

Joxam
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Joxam » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 pm

I honestly would have a lot less problems with the network issues if every single god damn thing didn't kick you out of your groups.

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:46 pm

The only thing I find annoying about it is the whole, if you tab out during matchmaking it boots you from matchmaking thing forcing you to stare at a Setting Up Match screen. It's not as bad on PS4 but on PC it has that 60 FPS and great graphics. I'm still gonna buy it because combat is great but I dunno, I might wait a bit.

malikial

Postby malikial » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I have no idea what they changed from the 'Beta' 2 days ago and today but the game is very very stable now. Didn't have a single ping or drop issue on PC and parties worked better. No longer destroying the group if a game drops or something. Like, every stability/party issue I had in the beta is gona.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Yeah, I barely touched it this morning but they were clearly keeping an old build up through the beta for netcode testing because the launch is immediately much more feature rich, stable, and seemingly even balanced differently. I've only played a few matches all as warden since launch but a lot of movement, specifically the shoulder charge, feels smoother.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

4honor.avi

So anyone actually still playing this? I continue to legitimately enjoy it and it's making me want to get better at the combat system and fight people that challenge me. That is a feeling I also had in dark souls so I guess now I get to say DARK SOULS CLONE OH MAN THIS IS SO SOULSBORNE.

anyway play with me

malikial

Postby malikial » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

I play, but you're not usually on at the same times as me. Aka, 2-5 am.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:25 pm

game of the year

malikial

Postby malikial » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:00 pm

I love the amount of Pissbabies that get mad as fuck about throws in this game. Or stage hazards, fuck you it's in there for a reason.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:03 am

requesting thread name change to "An error has occurred. Returning to main menu."