Horizon Zero Dawn

sei

Horizon Zero Dawn

Postby sei » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I love hiding in grass and putting arrows in the eyes of stalking mechanical horrors.

Anyone else?

I'm not at the terrible, preachy part of the game yet. Just enjoying myself while running around and doing silly quests for generic people I don't care about.

beatbandito

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Postby beatbandito » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah I've been enjoying Breath of the Wild too, but weird thread title.

madmaxjr

Postby madmaxjr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:23 am

Finished this game recently. So as a redheaded girl, voiced by the same that did Tiny Tina, armed with a fancy spear and a bow, you fight robot dinosaurs and critters.

There's some big bastards in the later parts of the game. Like the Thunderjaw.

The Thunderjaw is the unholy hybrid of a double decker bus and a T-Rex. It's got heavy blasters on it's head, a somewhat potent spread laser, and these disc launchers on the hips that'll create a cloud of little drones that will then crash into the area near you and explode violently. This is on top of it chasing you, biting at you, stomping you, using the tail to bat you across the desert or jungle like a baseball. If you try to hide, it's got a radar system it'll use to ping and find your location. The only good news is they have somewhat fixed zones and won't chase you beyond a certain point. It has weak points, but they're tricky to get to, and it'll feel like you're trying to fire a crowbar through a compound bow.

The first time you fight one it will feel like hell. It's quite a rush.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:19 pm

I am fucking dying to play this game

To the point I am actually considering a PS4

sei

Postby sei » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 pm

It's very enjoyable.

Though the ropecaster trivializes... almost all robots, provided you have the wire to keep it running. Ropecaster bindings loosen on damage. Sticky bombs do a fuckton of damage, but only after a delay. You can see where this is going.

Anyone know if there's a way to purchase multiples of something from vendors? Having to buy 1 wire at a time via long press isn't great.

Bal

Postby Bal » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:39 am

I've beaten the game about two weeks ago. It's fucking great. PS4 is having a stellar year.

madmaxjr

Postby madmaxjr » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:37 pm

One of the latest patches changes the behavior to 'hold to keep buying'.

sei wrote:It's very enjoyable.

Though the ropecaster trivializes... almost all robots, provided you have the wire to keep it running. Ropecaster bindings loosen on damage. Sticky bombs do a fuckton of damage, but only after a delay. You can see where this is going.

Anyone know if there's a way to purchase multiples of something from vendors? Having to buy 1 wire at a time via long press isn't great.