Jimmy Buffet Presents: Animal Crossing (New Horizons Thread)

Yoji

Re: Jimmy Buffet Presents: Animal Crossing (New Horizons Thread)

Postby Yoji » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 am

Well, it's a start. Gotta try again later with a better placement and outfit
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 pm

I've been working on a little art area on my island figured I might as well post it here!

And a close up of the self portrait without the missing bits to imply it's a sketch.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Also my island's dream code is DA-5583-0095-7258 if anyone wants to asynchronously visit my island

Postby Newbie » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:48 am

The pipes introduced with the big Mario promotion are a total game-changer. You can enter or exit them from ground level or from the next level up if they're next to a cliff; you can also put them in your house. Entering a pipe will eject you from a randomly selected pipe elsewhere on the island, so it's now possible to create a rudimentary form of fast-travel.

I'm also seeing screenshots in which people are able to display objects on top of tall platforms like the ice column; even better, you can put objects on top of the floating block and then walk underneath it.

I'm really proud of the current dream version of my island (recorded on the night of Festivalé in hopes that the confetti weather would be preserved; alas, this seems not to be the case. Code is DA-9980-7115-7760 to see for yourself), but I've got to make some big changes thanks to this update. This "you can only order five items per day" limit is killing me.
tiny text

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:34 pm

I can only do art within the Animal Crossing games, but I did recreate my favourite picture of Ollie in it so that's okay

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:37 pm

So I'm still playing several times a week but I've been really missing other people playing and island hopping to see friends.

This latest update changed everything. They added so much functionality and design, so many small quality of life things. They added new paid DLC Happy Home Designer add-on on top of the free stuff.

I cannot list everything but if you are interested, look up the Direct for it and set aside half an hour.

I'm beside myself with cooking and gardening added now.

Loose Leaf will be under construction for a bit but then reopened!

Postby Newbie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Yeah, I fell off over the summer out of disappointment with the paucity of updates, mainly hopping on occasionally to visit my cousin's island since he always likes to show off his latest changes. He was sad that the crop-growing turned out to only be pumpkins, so I'm sure this is extremely exciting for him, though I'm not sure where he's going to fit all the new stuff they're adding. For my part, I missed the steady arrival of new facilities we got in New Leaf, so I'm very psyched for the improvements to Harv's island. I also thought Happy Home Designer was a fascinating idea but mainly in terms of the kind of improvements it suggested could one day be available to a mainline AC game. Adding it as DLC in which you can then gain those design powers for your island residents and your own house (to an apparently limited degree) means that ACNH is finally living up to the potential I saw in it before we learned how much didn't get brought forward to make room for the new additions.

This sounds a lot more negative than I intended—to be clear, this is the most excited I've been about this game since it came out! I'm so happy about this update!
tiny text

Postby Newbie » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:36 pm

The new update is LIVE and it is BETTER THAN EXPECTED.

Really psyched to continue fundraising for Harv's co-op, y'all.
tiny text

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 pm

Unfortunately the jokeboat image is harder than I thought it would be.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:02 am

!huntsman

(Colors are a little better in game. Since the screen lights up, it affects how the image looks but for some reason screenshotting doesn't capture the lighting so the colors come off more muddied)

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:53 pm

Suddenly remembering that time Lucy walked in while I was drawing smut on my laptop
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts