I done made a game! (Beneath the Mossy Stone)

Healy

I done made a game! (Beneath the Mossy Stone)

Postby Healy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:36 pm

To cut a long story short: There was a contest this past month hosted by the folks behind RPGMaker and Humble Bundle, and I entered! I just barely squeaked by, to the point where at first I thought I didn't make it. Anyway, it's another of my Twine games, and it's heavily inspired by the Alice in Wonderland books and related media, like Labyrinth, or the poem Goblin Market. It's also a pretty old-school Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game, with random and unfair death endings and shit. It's pretty short, and I'd estimate a complete playthrough (i.e., getting all the endings) to take about 5-15 minutes.

Also if I'm being honest it's been tested a grand total of zero times and I'm not 100% sure it's not a buggy mess in parts, but frankly right now I'm just glad it got accepted. If you have any comments on Beneath the Mossy Stone, please let me know in the thread! Making this game has been very stressful, and it's such a relief to know that it's finally over.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: I done made a game! (Beneath the Mossy Stone)

Postby Mothra » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Wh- NO PICTURES?

Healy

Re: I done made a game! (Beneath the Mossy Stone)

Postby Healy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:45 pm

I wanted to include at least one picture, to maybe serve as the title image, but there was simply no time at all. I barely got the game submitted as it is. I probably will add some pictures in the post-contest version, though.