the big dumb game ideas megathread

Friday

Re: the big dumb game ideas megathread

Postby Friday » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:45 am

Suddenly, Former Gangbanger Kitten returned to his life of crime.

"Na ahh maa waah," you said, holding a stick in your mouth. (You were really good at it.)

Rabbit rolled his eyes. "What are you going to do, Puppy? Use your Bankai to get FGK to go straight?"

But you weren't listening to Rabbit, you were busy pawing at the side of The Nintendo Zapper, where a tiny, tiny keypad had been placed in case you ever needed to get in touch with --

"SPACE POLICE BEAR!" you barked. "WE NEED YOU TO COME AND SCARE A KITTEN WHO IS AT A VERY IMPRESSIONABLE TIME IN HIS LIFE STRAIGHT!"

The radio on the Nintendo Zapper crackled. "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU," came the reply. "THIS IS REAL LIFE, NOT THE DREAMWORLD, SO YOU CAN ONLY BARK."

"Bark bark bark!" You said.

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" Space Police Bear said, and crashed through a nearby wall.

Rabbit narrowly dodged a flying brick by jumping over it. "This is far too ridiculous, even for a stupid one-off post," he said.

Just then, Rainbow the Trout poked his head up from a nearby pond. "Puppy! I'm still your spirit guide and you're still asleep! You need to wake up and fulfill your destiny!"

"I already bombed that wall," you explain.

"Oh," Rainbow said, and ducked back underwater.

"WHERE IS THE KITTEN WHO IS AT A VERY IMPRESSIONABLE TIME IN HIS LIFE?" Space Police Bear asked.

"The Boy who was wearing mittens has captured him," you informed Space Police Bear. "I think the Boy might be the symbolic figure of either evil, futility, or mortality. I forget. I think I found snakes? And one of them always lied and the other one was blue? I don't really --"

JUST THEN YOU SAW

1. OH MY GOD A BUTTERFLY IS IT THE SAME BUTTERFLY FROM THE VERY FIRST POST? PROBABLY WHO KNOWS
2. That fucking bird he keeps looking at me look at him he's probably a bird what are birds? you just don't know
3. SPACE POLICE BEAR IS WEARING A SPACE POLICE HAT
4. someone in real life walked by and you could wake up but i dunno you'll never catch THAT BUTTERFLY
5. are we two layers deep now is this some inception shit did I write this before Inception came out? jesus christ
6. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

...alright fine god

7. Guild

LaserBeing

Postby LaserBeing » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 am

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:23 pm

God damn vampires.

Hardly Ideal

Re: big dumb game - hay guys imma talk about forum gaem

Postby Hardly Ideal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:03 pm

I think it was like 5 years ago, but I thought about trying to do a CYOA thing with Facebook friends. Friday inspired me and I thought "HAY I CAN DO THAT MAYBE I DUNNO LET'S TRY ANYWAY" Everyone responded with a collective shrug and went back to posting dumbass political memes.

I've been getting the itch to try again and I was wondering if anyone here would be more receptive, or if we're over that stuff now.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:05 pm

doit.meme

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Dungeon Keeper Meta:

Build dungeon, adventurers come to try and pillage it. There's gold to upgrade monsters and structures, Resources for building new structures and resources for acquiring monsters that can all be generated passively through systems you can build into your dungeon.

There's also a 'cash' currency. This can't actually be real money purchased by the player, but npc adventurer parties can choose to buy upgrades. You as the dungeon keeper get a cut of the sales (it's what keeps the adventuring economy going) which is used for your own temporary boosts, the strongest mercenary monsters, and plot-related progress items.

Adventurers will roam and loot until they reach their loot capacity or fear for their lives. No amount of pillaging from adventurers will lead to a game over, just more rebuilding.